Wednesday, October 17, 2012

5 Months!

Little Lu is 5 months old! In just one month, she’ll be half a year and starting solids! There is something so captivating about her (at least to her daddy and me). I’m sure it’s because she’s our girl, but she just melts our hearts! Often when she wakes up from the night or a nap, she’s just lying there looking around and she greets us with the sweetest look on her face. When she gets excited, she starts kicking her legs and her whole body rocks back and forth like she’s trying to dance. It’s so her, and I just love it.

She’s doing great, eating 5 times a day. On weekdays she has a nursing sandwich, one nursing session in the morning followed by 3 5.5 oz bottles of breastmilk at school and a nursing session before bed. (Which is also like a pumping sandwich for me, and I gladly do it for that sweet face.

She’s wearing mostly 6 month clothes, and today was picture day at school! We have a LOT of photo sessions coming up, so I guess I can forgive these less than ideal photos. They’re really just for documentation purposes anyway.

IMG_9605edit

IMG_9612editIMG_9642IMG_9633IMG_9630

Lu has become very grabby. She grabs at her little toys in the bouncy and has even reached out and hugged her little baby baby doll. She’s also started laughing, which is adorable but does remind me of an old man sometimes.

It takes A LOT of work to elicit a laugh. They told me that they were working like crazy to get a smile at her school pictures, and she just looked at them like they were crazy. Meanwhile, the story is that Z smiled so big for his that they could see his tonsils! That should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment