Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lu’s Checkup and Such

Lu had her 4 month checkup on the same day as Z’s 3 year check up, 2 birds with one stone and all that. She did fairly well. She wasn’t a fan of the ear check and the shots really ticked her off. She was already stretched out when we laid her down, then when the nurse stuck her, she was like a board, she flexed those legs and arms out and screamed loud enough for the whole town to hear! Thankfully, she recovered pretty quick, and besides some fussiness on Sunday, she did pretty well.
I attempted to give her some tylenol, but the new formulation requires her to take 2.5 mls, which is a lot of tylenol for someone who’s only ever had breast milk. Just sayin'. Most of it ended up on her bib, so I’m not thinking that helped too much.
My standard on the table shot, but this time, I had to rip my phone out of Z’s hands to get it (and she’d already been felt up as you can see on her face and belly).
IMG_2916
She weighed 12 lb’s 11.5 oz’s and was 25.5 inches long (25th and 80th percentiles, respectively)
She has had a pretty bad runny nose and an adult sounding cough. She’s finally started sleeping better though, and I was glad to hear that she didn’t have an ear infection or anything like that.
Besides her 4 month regression, she’s sleeping great, and many times is asleep by 6 or 6:30 (I don’t remember Z ever going down that early). She can stay up later without it affecting her too badly, especially if she takes a late nap. That comes in handy on the weekends.
She’s discovered her feet, which is some cuteness, although I can remember her messing with her feet on her 4D ultrasound, so I think she knew they were there the whole time!
She tried out her exersaucer for the first time the other night, even though she’s already tried one at school. She looked tiny in it, yet so big!
IMG_9167IMG_9173
IMG_9170
Z is so sweet with her. He still wants to hug her all the time (except when he’s sick and I tell him that he can’t hug her or she’ll get sick too). The other day when I was dosing up her tylenol for the doctor visit, he said, “That’s Lujayn’s medicine. He’s sick, I’m not sick.” But now he’s on antibiotics for what the doctor thinks is a sinus infection and he’s saying “I’m sick now, the medicine make me feel betterrr.”
I finally took a few minutes to take some new pictures. It was quite a funny sight.
IMG_9196
“I can share, baby sisters?”
IMG_9207
IMG_9193IMG_9190
It is NOT easy to get decent sibling pictures, and I don’t know why I can’t get Z took look at the camera
IMG_9180
IMG_9213IMG_9224
IMG_9220IMG_9218
Oh well, you do what you can and leave the rest to Heather Swanner ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think with the stages we're in right now, we can basically write each other's blog! :) The medicine comments cracked me up, and I cannot get C to cooperate for a sibling picture. Even with bribing. :)

    ReplyDelete