Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I’m 3 Now!

The expression I heard all day on Thursday. I love this birthday because he finally knows what it means, but I also slightly dislike it because he finally knows what it means. On Thursday, he was sure he was headed to his birthday party when really he was headed to school. Thankfully, Nick was on drop-off duty so he handled that situation, but from what I understand it was not pretty.

I am so thankful for my big three year old. He is so hilarious, sweet, loving, and darn cute, if I do say so myself.

IMG_9120

Thursday afternoon, when I got to his class, he was sporting his construction paper birthday hat with a 3 on it (which he called a crown, because he remembered it from the year before), and shouted hooray! when I walked in.

IMG_2904IMG_2908

He got a treat in the car, then after dinner this cookie cake, which Jude proclaimed was the best cake he’s ever had! IMG_9141

He blew the candles out like a pro and opened his presents from his Nana and Tata, a why writer (which he hasn’t put down since he got it),

IMG_9165

IMG_9105

train whistle, airplane, spiderman pajamas, and by far his favorite, his Super Why! Costume.

IMG_9108

We mistakenly let him try on the costume Thursday night and when it was time to take it off we witnessed the greatest meltdown of all time. Needless to say, we have hidden the costume now but really canNOT wait to get it out on Halloween (or possibly before for events like Boo at the Zoo).

IMG_9149IMG_9150

I had to explain that Super Why! fights with knowledge, not brute force.

He’s not interested in knowledge.

IMG_9152IMG_9156

IMG_9158

We had his 3 year old appointment Friday, and everything looked good. He was SO excited to go. I can’t really think of why unless it’s because he remembers going to OB appointments with me, which were usually followed by visits to the mall for Chick-fil-a, cookies, and other pregnancy/toddler delights. Incidentally, they had 6 shots between them, so there were some fried delights to follow (for me and for him).

He weighs 31.5 lb’s (60%) and he’s 38 inches tall (70%). He got 2 shots! I couldn’t believe how well he did though. He insisted on sitting up and watched them stick him, and he didn’t even cry or complain.

Afterwards, Lu had her 4 month stuff done (a separate post on that later), and they took Z to get his popsicle. Next thing I know, he’s out in a chair with one nurse feeding him a popsicle and the other helping him put his stickers on. Is he spoiled or what?

So from now on, anytime he acts up, we just remind him that he’s “three now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment