Monday, November 5, 2012

Too Much of a Good Thing

I am pleased to report that Lu seems to be feeling much better. She took great naps this weekend, and slept well at night every night since the incident last Sunday. I guess she just wasn’t feeling 100% for whatever reason. We had a great weekend that started with our family photo shoot on Friday morning. I was lucky enough to book a mini-session with the wonderful and very talented Heather Swanner. Our time was 8:15 on Friday morning, which was rather ambitious considering we were to report to Mountain Brook by that time with 2 kids dressed and picture ready, but long story short, we made it. It was a little chillier than we had hoped, Lu had several massive spit-up attacks, and not only was Z’s face less than sparkling clean, but also he was far more interested in the sticks and leaves than posing for any pictures, so I have NO idea how they are going to turn out, but I have full faith in Heather, so I’m not worried.

As soon as we made the turn off of 280 toward Brookwood, Z was saying he wanted to go to the mall. Lu was pooped from all the puking and it was only 8:45, so there was no going to the mall, but I did tell him we’d go to Chick Fil-A (a.k.a. Chicka Flay). That was a rather successful venture as Lu slept and Z ate and played on the playground until the lady that was floating around helping pick up trays and such and I were oohing and ahing over Lu (for like all of 5 seconds) and I turned around and Z was nowhere to be seen. Now, before you freak out, this story does have a happy ending. It was morning and it was Chick-fil-a, not a lot of people, heavy doors to the outside, I knew he was in there somewhere, and sure enough he had run to the bathroom. What I tried to explain to him (after I hugged him and told him never to leave mama and baby sister again) was that Chicka Flay is not the place to be independent about teetee-ing…

IMG_3232IMG_3233

My brother was back on Saturday (yay!), and he and J had a bunch of events lined up, so by the evening they were tired, however we were in need of getting out, so we decided to leave the boys at home, and me, Nick, and Lu went out to the Summit for a bit and to get food for everybody. It was so nice going out with just her and Nick had to privilege of ergoing.

IMG_3272IMG_3267

Before we left, I attempted to take a sibling picture (as I seem to like to do on Saturdays). You can guess how that went.

IMG_3271

We got burgers from Mooyah, which was a disaster because we had to wait forever and they totally messed up our order. Luckily, Lu was very patient despite the fact we were encroaching on her bedtime. We went home, put everyone to bed and finally sat down to watch some football. I think my bro definitely understood why I get so giddy when all the kids are asleep and I finally get quiet time after he spent a couple of hours with Z and J! He was feeling pretty excited about it too!

Sunday morning was a lazy one. That afternoon, we went to a first birthday party for our sweet friend Sophie and all came back to my house (due to a surgical emergency my brother had to tend to in Sylacauga) where my mom cooked and loved on all the children. She hadn’t seen Lu and Z in a while, so she was beside herself.

IMG_3309IMG_3313IMG_3302

Lu seems noticeably calmer and less fussy as of this weekend. I don’t know what it is but I like it!

And guys, somebody needs to help me, because I can not seem to stop taking pictures of my girl!!

IMG_3279IMG_3317

IMG_3274IMG_3326

I got bored on Friday, so I tried some new activities

IMG_3236IMG_3239

And some new looks

IMG_3242IMG_3254

Then I finally admitted I have a problem and put the iphone down.

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures and can't wait to see those two in Ohio on Friday. "Oh, I got a friend in Ohio, little Lu Lujayn!" Sorry, couldn't help it I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need any help...no problem with taking many pics of your beautiful girl. It goes so much faster with #2 doesn't it? Both so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics, especially Lu in her sweet dresses and hair bows! Will SC ever get to wear a bow?! :)

    This may be totally personal and you do NOT have to answer if it is, but are the twins not staying with y'all too?

    ReplyDelete