Wednesday, February 20, 2013

9 Months

Lu’s 9 months! I can’t believe it has taken me this long to get this all down, but we had a really busy weekend, and I haven’t had a lot of time at work either!

I didn’t really get to do a big photo shoot, but I took some iphone pics so I wouldn’t miss getting her picture on her actual 9 month birthday. I tried a couple of different locations in the house, because I just can’t find the right light at home.

photo 1photo 2photo 3photo 4photo 5photo(32)

The most notable things she is doing right now are sitting up from laying down (only in the bed) and eating table foods. On Valentine’s morning, I walked in her room and found her sitting up looking at me. It was so cute I couldn’t even take it! She also rocks back and forth on her hands and knees (also mostly in her bed), so I think crawling is on the horizon. I am not worried because I stressed enough about Z crawling, then one day (at 10 months) he just did it, and that was it.

Sister can eat! They started table foods at school about 2 weeks ago and they tell me every day how much she loves it. She’s had cinnamon toast, cheese toast, broccoli and pasta, mac and cheese, even pizza! They say she sees (and maybe smells) the cart coming and gets really excited. Looks like we have a food lover on our hands!

She gets so excited when she sees one of us in the morning, it’s like the best reinforcement for living you could ever have. I know Z was like that when he was a baby, but I forgot what it was like to see that big gummy smile first thing in the morning.

Speaking of Z, he still really loves Lu and always wants to give her a hug or help me tend to her needs. He also really likes to share her puffs with her.

She’s still nursing first thing in the morning and before bed, although she’s down to 2 bottles (5-6 oz. each) at school. I think it might be harder for me her to give up the morning feeding than the night one when the time comes. She’s seems very dependent on that first feeding of the day, whereas at night, she just wants to be left alone. She hardly even lets me rock her anymore. 

She’s taking her baths sitting up now, which is another of my favorite times of day, she still goes to bed between 6 and 7 most nights and wakes up anywhere between 6:30 and 8 (or later sometimes on the weekend). On a side note, one of my children seems to always sleep in Saturday mornings (note not both), which makes it hard for me to get to my Zumba class at 9 (at least that’s what I tell myself). I don’t really know what that’s about, but I have also learned to treasure the one on one time I get when one of them is asleep and the other isn’t, so I’m not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment