Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ten on Thursday

I am going to attempt to organize my thoughts into a 10 this week. So here goes

1. We were on the go this weekend like for real. First, we went to my dental school 5 YEAR reunion. How is that even possible? It was so fun, and we stayed out way late with our friends Ed and Fo, but we had a great time!

photo 1

2. Saturday, we went back for a visit with the Faulkner’s, where our two little princesses met up for the first time (also where we had a miralax incident which resulted in Z going commando the rest of the evening (note to self: pack extra undies for your newly potty-trained 3 and 1/2 year old who suffers from occasional constipation, sometimes resolved with shots of miralax), then out to dinner with my fam at Pita Stop.

photo 3

3. Sunday was the busiest day of all! We got up and met my dad at the finish line of the MERCEDES HALF MARATHON (a lot more on this later with another possible guest post). Suffice it to say, I was SO proud of my dad! He walked the half with not a problem and averaged a 13 minute/mile pace! He finished in 2:50, at age 66!

P2160039
P2160019

After that, we went back to the condo for brunch then drove to the house with little to show for it except two kids asleep in the car. Not wanting to disturb them, we took turns going inside just to go to the bathroom grab a drink then headed right back out to Vestavia for a 3rd birthday party. It was at Storyville Station, which is a little house where little girls can be princesses and little boys dragons or in this case, pirates. They dance, play games, sip tea then watch a slideshow of themselves. The whole party is worth going to just to see Z dance. He is hilarious, and has rhythm if I may say so myself. 

photo 4photo 5

4. I am ADDICTED to Bachelor recaps! I have not only read this one, which I read regularly, but I have picked up this one and this one too! What a colossal waste of time and energy enjoyable way to spend my down time.

5. Have I already mentioned that Z is in the same class as his twin cousins Talia and Kenz?! How great is that? (And on that note, I am so glad he is out of his other class, the kids were too young, there were too many of them, and the teachers were overwhelmed. I was SO over it.)

179678_523337457709215_1926470675_n

6. I sold three of my old pairs of Dansko’s on Ebay yesterday, and I could NOT believe how fast they went. All I did was shine those suckers up with some vaseline shoe polish and they were gone before my patient got numb! I celebrated by buying two new pair.

7. This Friday, we left the kids with a babysitter in the evening for the third time since Lu was born. The first time, Z woke up Sunday morning with a really bad fever, the worst he’s had in a while. The second time, Lu woke up with a fever for the first time in her little life, and while I surely noted that as weird, I tried not to think much of it or worry too much. Then, Saturday morning, Lu woke up with ANOTHER FEVER, this time it was mostly low-grade, the highest it got was 100.9. But seriously, what is the deal?

8. Z’s hair was getting so long, I couldn’t stand it, so I did something I never do, took him after school when we were all tired and worn out, but I’m glad I did!

photo(33)
9. They have told me that Lu scoots at school, but I had never seen it until yesterday when she was in Z’s room while I was washing the hair off of him. She puts her little hands down and pulls forward. She doesn’t go far, but she goes.

10. We driving down to Pensacola in the morning for AG's 7th birthday. I'm excited, but a little anxious about how the kids are going to do. Don't worry there'll be a full report to come next week.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I love 10 posts :) And, I really loved your last post about Lu being 9 months old- she and Z are both adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete