Wednesday, February 6, 2013

All in the Family

We had the busiest best weekend! Saturday was my nieces’ 4th birthday party and my sis and her whole family came up, so were all together! My parents, the four of us, our 3 spouses, and 7 children!

Friday it was just me and the kids, and it was rather quiet, if you don’t count Z’s and my screams all morning. He was in a MOOD, let me tell you. I have now started a list that reads:

Fridays I wish Z was in school
1
I’ll keep you posted on that one.

Friday night everyone came to my house for a massive family dinner cooked by my one and only mom. It was fantastic, and the kids were beside themselves. Z was acting a little weird, kindof keeping to himself a little and allegedly throwing things and whatnot. I’m not sure what was going on with him that day, but I think it got better as the weekend progressed.
Saturday was the party. They had a great turnout and it was a lot of fun! They bowled, played games, then had pizza and cake.
IMG_0398IMG_0405

They have something for everyone at Treetop.
Z’s personal favorite this time were the gun games. He is SO into guns, and when I say guns, I mean the idea of guns and play guns, not hunting or real guns. I also mean turning everything including chicken nuggets into guns. Not my favorite hobby, and believe me, this did NOT help.
photo 3IMG_0418


Neither did this

photo 1 (4)

I mean, what’s up with all the guns? The game he’s playing in that first picture was like terminator, and it’s exactly what it looks like, guns shooting people on the screen. Incidentally, I’m not sure who had more fun with that one, my little son or my idiot brother.
The pizza and cake part was awesome, my older brother (in true T form) did a blessing/prayer at the beginning that was great and a wonderful reminder to us to be thankful for what we have. Then the girls blew out the candles and we all dug in!
IMG_0474
IMG_0482
IMG_0490
IMG_0491
IMG_0510
IMG_0547
IMG_0516

Even Lu had fun, especially with her friend Sophie!
IMG_0407
IMG_0529
IMG_0532

After the party, we went home and put our very tired little children to sleep for their much needed naps and recovered a bit from the fun. Then we got ready and went to a dinner party that was planned weeks ago and the rest of the family (minus the kids who stayed home with 2 babysitters) went out to dinner. We met up with them at Barnes and Noble and like crazy people took a million family pictures.
photo 4 (4)photo 5 (2)photo 4 (5)

After a few, I decided I was over it…
photo 5 (4)
photo(12)

Then my bro was over it…
photo 2 (5)

Kidding aside, these are some of my favorite pictures of us (even though my eyes were totally bloodshot from not sleeping Friday night, why didn’t I sleep, I have no idea!).
I just realized this post is like forever long, and I still have more pictures, stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment