Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lu's 1!

Today my baby turns one!

A year ago today, she gently nudged me at 4 a.m. as if to say, “World here I come!” (but I’ll give you a few hours so you can straighten your hair and clip your toenails).

A year ago today we became a family of four and have been blessed endlessly through the sleep deprivation, laughter, and (very few) tears (thankfully).

A year ago today our lives changed immeasurably and we thank God every day for our blessings!

IMG_0872IMG_0884

Miss Lu adores her brother and everything he does. She’s very quick to give him a love tap when he’s up in her face, then laugh hysterically while he yells “ouch!”

Just a few days out from her last nursing session and bottle, and she wants nothing to do with it. I tried to warm up some whole milk in a bottle last night, and she acted like she’d never seen it before, too grown up for such things I suppose.

She is itching to stand up and walk around. She wants to play with the big kids.

She knows what she wants and KNOWS what she doesn’t want, especially when it comes to food, but she is still rapid fire when it comes to green beans, peas, lima beans, chicken, her morning waffle, cheese (oh how she loves cheese).

Her party is tomorrow, and I am so excited! I think she is going to have a blast with her cousins Emma and Addison. I also think she’s going to like being bigger than them, because she’s used to being the little one around here.

IMG_0875

1 comment:

  1. Hope that precious girl had a fabulous birthday!! Can't believe she's 1!!

    ReplyDelete