Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Weekend

There is no exclamation point at the end of that title for a reason. Our weekend was not the best. In case you haven’t noticed, I really don’t like to talk about negative things on here, mainly because this is a place for me to document the things I want to remember about this time in our lives, not so much the things I don’t want to remember. I am thankful for the good times as well as the bad (because I know they could be so much worse), I just don’t like dwelling on the negative.

That being said, here goes, the weekend was going fine until Sunday afternoon as we were leaving the zoo. In an effort to make the weekend special, we decided to pack up and head to the zoo Sunday morning, even though the kids didn’t wake up until about 9 that morning. It was 11 by the time we got out. We had fun at the zoo, but didn’t realize it was getting late and hot, and it was Sunday and Homewood shuts down on Sundays. So, it took us a while, but we finally settled on eating at Whole Foods. We picked up some Wendy’s chicken nuggets and fries for Z, but he was not too interested (should’ve been our first clue). We forced him to eat some and went on. We could tell he wasn’t feeling well and then to spare the details, we’ll just say he got sick twice when we got home that evening. It was terrible. I HATED seeing my baby like that.

Because I feel there is no sense letting a 3 year old get sick all night long, I cut a phenergan suppository in half and gave it to him. He was so sweet and patient and listened to me and Nick as we kept telling him to “hold it in.” By the time it dissolved he was half asleep and he never got sick again. We are all still recovering (especially Nick who was sick the whole next day after being in the line of fire the day before), but thankfully we are all doing a little better and praying for a better weekend to come.

Z has already forgotten about it, but I’m afraid it may take me awhile to get over it. I am an emetophobe anyway (a term I ironically learned about the night before the incident), so I was definitely traumatized seeing him go through it. As much as I fear it, I would have gladly been the one to be sick if it would have spared him!

Okay, enough about that. I think the weekend leading up to it was pretty nice. We grilled steaks and had corn and baked potatoes on Saturday night. Z watch Star Wars and played some Xbox with Nick, both of which he loved! And we had some great QT with little Lu, who was (thankfully) feeling great all weekend. She couldn’t understand why we are all so pale and sad looking!

photo 1photo 2photo 3

photo 4photo 5

photo 1

We were really excited about the dino exhibit at the zoo, but Z was terrified! I have to admit they were pretty big and real looking. But, I sure didn’t need to pay 16 bucks to terrify my 3 year old!photo 2photo(38)

At least Lu didn’t mind them, until they started roaring

photo(37)photo 3

Butterflies, much better!

photo 5photo 4

1 comment:

  1. Poor Zayd! I am for glad it was a quick recovery both of them. Thank goodness you had the phenergan! I love all the pictures! Surprised Zayd was afraid of the dinosaurs though?

    ReplyDelete