Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother’s Day Weekend 2013

We had another really great weekend. I spent much of my free time working on decorations for Lu’s party and teacher gifts (neither of which are particularly impressive, they just take time for me and my somewhat limited crafting abilities).

We didn’t even leave the house on Friday. It was awesome, I love seeing Lu’s new skills. (Don’t know how she balances on her tiny size 1 feet, though).

photo 1photo 2

And Mister Z, well he loves nothing more than a good peanut butter sandwich and an episode of Max & Ruby. It really is the simple things.

photo 3

I like to call it Pajama Friday.

Z had soccer on Saturday. After soccer we went Tellini’s and Target. It was a lot of fun even though Miss Thing was being rather feisty at the restaurant.

photo 1photo 2photo 3

Nick said I really don’t want to go to Target and spend a bunch of money tonight, and I reassured him, we won’t, let’s just go get a few things, because Z really had fun picking out his food last time we went. Wellll, a modem, router, 7 gift cards (for teachers and coaches), an angry bird star wars blanket, and some wedges later, suffice it to say we had spent some money!

We really had fun though, which is bizarre, considering it was a trip to Target, but other moms probably understand.

Sunday was great and low-key. We had brunch at my mom and dad’s house, and I opened Z’s presents since we missed the official school celebration on Friday. I was so surprised to see that they had asked him some questions about me and written his answers out, what a sweet way to commemorate this day and his age!

photo 1photo 2photo 3photo 4photo 5

The boy loves some red pasta. I guess it’s true what they say, the key to a man’s heart is through his stomach.

I also got a handprint tile coaster decorative art piece from both of them and Z learned three amazing Mother’s Day songs he sang to me every night on Mother’s Day.

I LOVE my babies, and I am SO THANKFUL to be their mommy. It is the BEST JOB EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me more about red pasta!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just pasta with red sauce (marinara). We call it red pasta because we sometimes eat pasta with yogurt, and that's white pasta. He does not like white pasta. I wish it were more special than that ;)

      Delete