Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Growing Up

The big 0-1 is just around the corner for Lu, and it is hitting me how much a baby changes when he/she turns one!

This weekend our basement got a little fuller as we put away the following things (that I was scrambling to get out just around 1 year ago):

The swing (that is getting donated, because neither of my kids liked it nor will a potential child of the future if that happens (if it does it will be a surprise, because we ain’t planning)).

Her infant bathtub (which we did a couple months ago)

photo 1

The infant car seat (and 2 bases), which we swapped out for this baby

photo(36)

Love it!

The bouncy seat and exersaucer (both got a lot more love from Z than Lu)

BOTTLES! I am really happy about this, no  more spending hours washing, except now I spend hours cleaning a highchair and the floor, but what ya gonna do?

photo 2

Breast pump! Need I say more?

And now I need to start the baby proofing! Everything is pretty much baby proofed for Z, like the outlets and upstairs baby gates, and so far she’s not into too much, but I feel pretty confident she’s going to give us a run for our money soon enough.

photo 3

Also, I feel like I was just buying/making her baby food, and now she wants little to do with it. The girl can throw down on some chicken and green beans, but pureed sweet potatoes, pass!

Maybe I have mentioned her “frenemy” at school before, but I think the competition is getting fierce because I witnessed it yesterday! Lu was crawling at a fast pace to get to me and her frenemy (let’s just call her Sallie, because that’s her name) was sitting there, she stopped cold, stared her down and kept on crawling towards me. If only I could read her mind. It’d probably be something like this, “yeah, that’s right, that’s my mama, go get your own!”

They also told me that Sallie was trying to get Lu’s bow out of her hair one day and after her third attempt, Lu swatted her with the toy she was holding. Not sure what I think about that one, but I guess I don’t have to worry about her defending herself!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment from my phone the other day, but it didn't take for some reason. Just wanted to clarify for any of our common readers that that's not MY Sallie you are taking about! :) Ha!

    It's so hard to see them grow up but exciting at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, definitely not. I'm sure they would get along just fine :)

      Delete