Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer's Here!

I know for most people summer started on Memorial Day weekend, but for us it started this past weekend, because everyone was feeling well, we swam (at my brother’s pool), grilled out, we ate popsicles, watermelon, we even went fishing in the bathtub.


 


photo 1photo 2
Z has become pretty afraid of the water. It may be because someone Mom, it was totally Mom, told him, and I quote “You have to hold me because if you don’t I’ll go under and If I go under then I’ll be gone.” That is so something my mom would say. Thanks Mom! Why do (well-intentioned) people think it’s a good idea to scare the living daylight out of your child?
 
Anyway, we are starting swim lesson this Saturday, and I’m going to hit them hard all summer. The only reason I didn’t do them last year is because I was lazy Lu was a newborn, but now we’re doing it, no excuses!
 
So I mentioned fishing in the bathtub. Nick took Z on Sunday out to run errands. They ended up at Academy where he bought him a super cool Star Wars fishing pole. Because they had to get a haircut, eat lunch, and go to the grocery store, then come home and take naps, he didn’t get to use his totally awesome fishing pole on any real fish, so we tried it out in the bath. It came with fake fish to catch and Z loved it!
 
photo 4photo 5
 
Father Son Outing
photo 1photo 2
 
It was a family fun-filled weekend. I am looking forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment