Monday, March 24, 2014

Floods and Ears and Toys, Oh My

It was a crazy week and weekend. The craziness really began about 6:30 a.m. on Thursday when we received a text saying that the preschool was closing because a pipe burst and it was flooded. Awesome… We finally stopped having snow days and now this…

So, a phone call later and Mom came to the rescue. I had one HAPPY little boy (Lu was happy too, but Z was especially happy because he knew what was going on).

He wanted nothing to do with me from that point on. He would say, Mama, are you going to work, then when I would answer yes, he’d say Yayyyy! Yeah, it’s all real funny, until someone gets their heart ripped out!

I came home at lunch as I usually do when they’re home and found them cuddled up watching Nick Jr. and eating chips.

I relieved mom for a bit, fed them lunch and attempted to put them down. That didn’t last long with Z as he knows he can sweet talk his way out of nap when my mom’s around.

IMG_1869

He was none too pleased when I came home and ended the party that was happening with him and his BFF Nunna. He eventually got over it, but it was not fun there for a while.

He mentioned something briefly about his ear that day when I came home from lunch (and never mentioned it again). Knowing Z (and that he doesn’t complain much) and the fact his nose has been crazy runny for almost 2 weeks, I made the decision to take him to the doctor on Friday. This is noteworthy for a couple of reasons:

1. I dislike going to the pediatrician immensely (if you’ve read this blog for any significant amount of time, you will know this)

2. I dislike going much of anywhere on my Fridays home with them.

But, my new pediatrician gets right down to it, gets us in and out, and most importantly knows what he’s doing, so that makes the visit much more pleasant than it used to be.

We went, and he did in fact have a full blown infection in one ear and fluid in the other. Well, whaddaya know? I’m glad I went with my instincts on that one.

IMG_1874

He was such a good boy, even though he thought we were going for Lu right up until the doctor stuck his otoscope in his ear. I was so proud of him.

He was feeling particularly fierce in the parking lot because he had a batman AND a Spiderman sticker. Miss Priss had it going on with all her Dora and Hello Kitty stickers too.

 IMG_1885IMG_1889

We went straight to the pharmacy to get his antibiotic, and I took them to Wal-Mart (a.k.a. the Blue Store) to buy toys.

We had the best time at Wal-Mart. I know that sounds crazy, but they had so much fun picking out their toys (I ended up letting them each get two). We bought fun snacks, coloring books. I mean it was pretty much all about them, but I loved, and feel so thankful I was able to, do that for them!

IMG_1896IMG_1890

After nap, we headed out to Nunna and Jido’s with our new toys in tow!

IMG_1903IMG_1904IMG_1911IMG_1906IMG_1915IMG_1917

Perhaps someone should inform Lu that it hasn’t even been 24 hours since she last saw Nunna….

No comments:

Post a Comment