Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Tried It…

Lulu really seems to grow every single day. I am constantly amazed at how many words she says, and things she knows. She just seems so much more mature than Z was at her age, and the fits oh the fits. Sister can throw a fit. She’s also more “advanced” than Z was in that way.

After watching one of my friends videos where she asked her little girl her name, I thought I would ask Lu to see if she knew it. And, clearly she does and clearly her name is “Lulu.”

In case you don’t get the reference, “I tried it, and I liked it” is from Yo Gabba Gabba, or as she says “Iwant Gabba Iwant Gabba” every chance she gets. She is also liking Max and Ruby these days which she calls “RUUBY MAAX.” Many times she’ll ask for Ruby Max, or “tittins” (Backyardigans), only to then decide she “want Gabba!”

As weird as Yo Gabba Gabba is, and I fully admit, it’s weird, it does teach some great lessons, and Z doesn’t mind it, although he doesn’t want to watch it 24/7 like Lu does. IMG_1221

They are really getting more and more in sync with their schedules, which makes things easier. They eat generally the same things, only Lu prefers more variety, at the same times, bathe, read and sleep basically the same times. Lu’s bedtime is earlier, and when they bathe together the chaos almost doesn’t justify the time savings, but they just love it, and insist on it quite frequently.

IMG_1629

If she sees something new, she says “Whuss at?” Then she repeats it, sometimes she gets it right away and other times not so much, as in “ship pop” (flip flop). I love it when she says stuff like “Mama’s cereal” when she points to my bowl then points to hers and says “Lu’s cereal.”

She is so bossy! She has told me or even Z to “sit!” and she points at the floor or wherever it is she wants us.

IMG_1631IMG_1697

She really loves attention, and I think she is starting to become a Jido’s girl. She asks for him a lot, and when we pull into their driveway, she always says “Did-do… House”

She still gets scared of lawnmowers or loud dogs, but where she used to cover her mouth and moan, now she runs to me and says “Sare me.”

She seriously loves to read. Right now she loves “Mommy Hugs” and her Dora book. In general, she likes Karen Katz and Eric Carle books though.

She’s way sassy, and she’s had another first recently in her new toddler class, her first (second and third) visit to timeout. I swear Z didn’t go to timeout once until this year (it seems like) and sister has already been (three times in one day!). She also wouldn’t say sorry to her teacher and held out for about 5 minutes before she finally did. Sassy and stubborn… Nice…

She loves Z and he loves her, most of the time. I never get tired of seeing them play together, until the screaming starts, then I’m immediately tired…

IMG_1661IMG_1694

1 comment:

  1. There's just something about those baby girls -- SO sassy!!! :) I can't believe how big she looks these days. Beautiful kids!

    ReplyDelete