Monday, April 7, 2014

Nick’s Birthday, Books, and My Shopping Buddy

We had a most fabulous weekend, as evidenced by the fact that I had to wake not one, but both babies up this morning! Nick had to be at work early, so I had the distinct honor of getting myself and both kids ready and dropping them off. Did I mention there is massive flooding in Birmingham today, and the power was out at my office this morning. Yeah, crazy, but once I figured out that Lu was screaming because she wanted her cereal in a cup (duh), all was well with the babies.

Anyway, back to the recap. Thursday afternoon we got our Scholastic books. It was the first time we’ve ever done Scholastic, and we did it because Z fell in love with this Power Rangers Roboknight book he saw in the flyer. It was the perfect entertainment for our end of the week ride home!

IMG_2119

It turns out that Lu actually enjoyed the purchases even more than Z. Since that day, we have read Pinkalicious and Buzz, Buzz, Baby! at least 10 times, and I have to admit they are pretty cute books!

My dad came over (Mom’s in Florida) and we celebrated Nick’s birthday. I only have one picture because I was busy making 8 calzones and this cake!

IMG_2125

I love my little helper, so okay it wasn’t the prettiest (mostly because I didn’t wait to let it cool all the way before I released it from the pan, but it was DELISH, and Z (as you can tell by his mustache) ate a lot of frosting!

Speaking of Z, on Friday, he asked for a PB sandwich, and of course, we are now totally peanut-free, thanks to Lu’s allergy, so I made him a SunButter sandwich, and he ate the whole thing! He didn’t even notice a difference! I was very excited, because Z is a pretty picky eater and PB is one of the few things he loves. On Saturday, he ate a Jif Almond Butter sandwich and loved it equally as much! Sweet!

IMG_2134

These days Z is always proclaiming that he is a Power Ranger or a superhero of some sort. The other day when he said “I’m a Power Ranger” Lu said “I a Pincess!” That works, because, after all, every superhero needs a damsel in distress!

IMG_2144IMG_2145

Friday night, we stayed in and ate with Dad again. Then, we put the kids to bed and watched a Shark Tank marathon, perfection, I tell ya!

Saturday, we got up early and went to the gym. Z had a group swim lesson, and we remembered why we took him out of those last year. There’s just so much sitting around. I think we’re going to stick with the Saturday group lesson and just add Friday private lessons back. Hopefully, he’ll be swimming confidently by his 16th birthday…

Saturday night, we went out to eat and to the mall. You know Z and his games. This time, me and Miss Priss went up to Gap and did some shopping. I had the BEST TIME! It’s like a lifelong dream of mine was realized (okay, maybe that’s an overstatement, but I was really really excited, and she was so cute). She kept pointing out all the “pitty shoes” and she tried on several. I loved watching her model the clothes and shoes. And I’m pretty sure sister’s going to have her own opinion REAL SOON, but for now, I’m still calling the shots on wardrobe (yeah, we’ll pass on the short shorts, ha).

IMG_2161IMG_2162IMG_2160IMG_2170IMG_2165IMG_2164

We hit up the Lego Store, Build A-Bear (just to look) and ABC Toys, then went and got cookies from Great American Cookie Co.

We ended up buying Lu a Puzzle and Z a Nerf-like bow and arrow set (because that’s what he REALLY needs…). And of course, they are both obsessed with their new toys (for now). In short, it was all about them, and we couldn’t have been happier!

After we put them to bed, we stayed up and watched a movie.

Sunday, we stayed in most of the day and got stuff done around the house, like this:

 

I LOVE standouts, and we get all of ours from Mpix. Nick had done the first three rows of Z’s wall a while ago, and we had those three new ones from three separate photo shoots (obviously, we have gotten more selective with our prints), and they made a perfect bottom row. IMG_2186

and this:

IMG_2190

Lu only has a few standouts so far, so we put hers up in her room too. I LOVE the way it all turned out!

Sunday, after nap, I took Lu to the grocery store and Nick took Z back to the pool. We love doing things as a family, but it’s also really great to have one on one time with each of the kids too. Why do they always behave so much better when they’re separate?!

Dinner, bath, and puzzles, and a great ending to a great weekend!

IMG_2205

No comments:

Post a Comment