Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Life Lately: School Events Edition

Life lately has involved a lot of school activities.

First up, Z's book fair.

One of the advantages of our moving closer to town is that Nick can hop over to Z's school when he needs to. Earlier this month, the book fair was in town, and they wanted a parent there to supervise purchases. Nick was planning on going, but my schedule opened up, so I got to go! Who doesn't love the book fair? As a side note, I remember $5 being about all you needed to get your fill of erasers, a couple of books, and even a slap bracelet or two. But, we spent almost $30 and he still had a couple of books he had to let go, um hello inflation!

 Meanwhile, at Lu's school they were celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday by having Wacky Wednesday. Lu loved wearing her skirt to school.

Later that week we had Open House at Z's school. I loved seeing him in his element and things like this.


Before I turn 100 I will: 1. Learn how to play football 2. Spend the night in Nashville 3. Go to a Titans game. 

He has said many times that he loves computer and iPad time, so of course he had to show us those, and we stopped by the music room on the way out, which looked so fun, I admit I was a little jealous.


 Friday, Lu and I had to go to Baba's office so I could get some biometrics testing done for insurance purposes. Lu was a great assistant and admitted, "Baba's office is cooler than yours, but yours is prettier." I think the donut had something to do with it.

After all that health assessing, and dance class, we were pooped so, we relaxed a bit on my bed before picking up Z. 


It was a busy and fun-filled week, especially for a family who's used to staying in and doing lots of nothing, especially on weeknights!

No comments:

Post a Comment