Monday, March 7, 2016

February Recap: Kid's Marathon

Well, I took February off, mostly because I wanted to work on my blog books, but also because, a girl needs a break every now and then!

The most fun thing that happened in February was probably the Mercedes Marathon, so I'm going talk about it first.

I have written about the half marathon for several years now, beginning in 2013 when my dad did it by himself (technically written by my dad and edited by me). Then, in 2014 when my dad, brother, and Nick ran it (my brother did the full), and last but not least, last year, when I stupidly joined in.

Those years were great, but this year was really special because Z ran the kids marathon! This is where they do a mile a week for 25 weeks, then run the final 1.2 on race day, or actually the day before. There were SO MANY kids there and it was a little hectic and cold, but OH SO worthit!






Nunna and Jido (as registered runners) had to pick up their packets on Saturday, so they came along, and Z was SO pumped up. I love that picture of his raring back to high five Jido (with Nick in the background, ha).

Once Nick got him lined up, he took that start line by storm!

 

I'm so glad Nick got this video, because I didn't get to see him at the start line, and I just love this so much!

While he'd slowed down a bit by the end, his spirit was soaring when he crossed that finish line. 


Sunshine, family, just a perfect day! 





It was just such a fun event, and I hope it instills a lifelong love of fitness in our boy! Next up, the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment