Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And So It Begins

While most people were barbecuing and celebrating this holiday in some way, we were planning for our little guy's future. I believe the term is "Nesting." Well, let the nesting begin...

Nick and I were determined to begin turning our office/den into a nursery this weekend. I use the word "begin" because, it has only begun, and it is proving to be a process. I took a pic of the room in transition, and I have to admit it's going to be a bit of a stretch, but I think we can do it. In order to clear the room, we had to clear some space in our so-called storage unit, which is now filled to the rim with old books, remnants of Nick's rock climbing days, a couple of TV's and God knows what else, but it is FULL! I'm going for an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition type renovation here, so once it's all done, I'll let you be the judge.

The second part of the adventure was our first trip to Babies R Us, an adventure in and of itself. If you are reading this blog, you are probably aware of the enormity of this place. Our mission was to "pre-screen" for the things we know we are going to need, i.e. crib, bassinet, dresser, stroller, car seat, and the list goes on and on... What we did was get completely overwhelmed. I was relieved by the fact that most of the women in the store were much more pregnant than I, which served as a reminder that I have time, for now.

Next goal, join Sam's Club. Well, that seems pretty obvious, I mean, we are going to have a boy, so we are going to need food in mass quantities. Talk about overwhelming...

The very last project of the weekend was shopping (which is always on my personal agenda). Among other things we bought Baby G's first couple of outfits. We just couldn't resist, especially the little beanies and booties. So, that is the weekend wrap-up. It was all about our little bundle of joy. After all, is there a better way to spend a free weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment