Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Big Day

With Zayd being 3 weeks and 4 days old, I figured it would be notable to record that I have gone back to work! I know, it sounds a little crazy. My dad has been encouraging me to come back to the office since week 2, which would have been impossible. Granted, it hasn't been that long still, but at least I had some time to mentally prepare. I mean, it has been just me and him every day for what feels like forever!

I'm not full-time yet, and as hard as it is to leave him, it feels good to be out of the house, especially knowing that he is with my mom who loves him as much as we do and is so good with him. Just as an example, she had just taken care of him yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and when she came to get him this morning, she said "oh my gosh, I've missed him." Like it had been years. I am so blessed to have her to take care of him, and definitely could not be doing this without her.

Anyway, I'm almost halfway done with my first day back, and so far so good. No mental breakdowns in sight! And THAT is an accomplishment!

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you have had no breakdowns yet! I go back Monday after 12 weeks and am a wreck! I think I was still crazy after 3 weeks though! You sound like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, I'm so glad you have your Mother to be with your sweet baby boy while you work or just get a minute to yourself. I hope someday I can come stay with him for you too. Give him a kiss from his other Grandma for me. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, WOW!! 3 weeks is impressive, very impressive! Just keep in mind a mental breakdown IS going to happen because you are dealing with patients! I would have an extremely low tolerance for whining, self-neglect, or crap when it comes at the exchange of time with your little guy!

    Congratulations! You have this motherhood thing down!!

    ReplyDelete