Monday, October 12, 2009

Outings, to Date

Zayd is now 2 weeks old, and I thought I'd write about our outings thus far. He was born on Sunday September 27, we went home on the 29th.

First official outing: the pediatrician on Friday, October 2. The well waiting room had about 5 other moms with peaceful sleeping babies, mine was crying and had to be fed right there in the waiting room. This was pretty much the way the first week went, and why he was already 4 oz. over his birth weight 5 days after he was born... That was an adventure.

Second outing: Because my parents are crazy about exercise, and because I had been imagining the day that I would be able to do this, by Saturday October 3rd, we hit the Lakeshore trail for the first time with our stroller. That actually went really well, but he did get fussy/hungry on the way home.


Third outing: Monday, October 5, the photo shoot...

Fourth outing: Friday, October 9, lunch with Nick at Zoe's. That went well, actually. But again, a little fussy on the way home.

Fifth outing: Saturday, October 10, dinner at Jason's Deli AND a walk in the mall. That one was good for mama! He was calm the whole time, but again a little fussy on the way home. There seems to be a pattern here. Either we are waiting too long to get him home or the little man likes to stay out.

Last but not least, on his 2 week birthday, we went to the grocery store, which on a Sunday evening can be too much for anyone! He didn't love the grocery store. Let's just leave it at that.

I am really proud of us that we have ventured out, although I am still struggling with being stuck at home. I mean I love taking care of him, and God knows it IS a full-time job. I think it's just not being able to grab the keys and walk out the door whenever I want that I am struggling with. What can you really expect though from a 2 week old?

3 comments:

  1. Lora- You are my hero. Getting out that much in the first two weeks is amazing! I stayed put and moved from bed to sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't leave the house for two weeks and thought I was going to go crazy! It does get easier to get out and about, but not much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a huge adventure for us to go to Publix for the first time!!! I was so proud of myself...you put us to shame with your adventures! PS-it does get easier/quicker to get out the door...my piece of advice....have the "essentials" of a diaper bag already in your car (dipes, wipes, extra outfit, etc) You never know when you will need it!

    ReplyDelete