Monday, March 29, 2010

Solids!

Z has joined the wonderful world of solid foods! We decided (through help from kellymom and a couple of books we've been reading) to wait until exactly 6 months and start with bananas. So, Saturday was the day. He had a great half birthday. He took 2 great naps. Then we took him for a walk and came home to our VERY ripe banana, mashed it up and got to it. He did really well. I really don't know how much he actually got, but it was a good start. On the menu for the coming weeks, more bananas, sweet potatoes, apple sauce and avocados. Eventually, we will mix in some rice cereal. Between Hungry Monkey, Feeding the Whole Family with Whole Foods, and Top 100 Baby Purees, I think we are going to have plenty of guidance for this process (yeah, I went a little nuts on Amazon).

Here he is ready for some food! It took us far too much time and effort to set this thing up.

The grub, a very ripe banana and a little bit of breastmilk. His mouth is watering at this point. 
Not sure what to think about this
Oh, the drama

The verdict: delicious

Posing with his first food on his face

On Sunday, I actually fed him in his infant carrier at Books-A-Million, and he ate whole serving which was 1/3 of a banana! Then, we headed to Superior Grill, where I topped him off, and we had a great dinner! One day Z is going to love fajitas!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the first solid went well! I actually used the imersion blender on the banana, and it gets pretty liquid-y so I didn't have to use BM. Just a thought in case you're stingy with yours like I am with mine. :)

    And the high chair was a pain to set up. I hardly ever use the tray because I just stand there and feed her from a bowl. I guess once she starts being able to feed herself with finger foods I will start using it.

    Which is your favorite (and most helpful) of all the books you mentioned? I need to get another one. Mine isn't the most practical. I also want to get one for aid in buying organically.

    ReplyDelete