Monday, March 8, 2010

Work and The Weekend

Apparently, the cost of taking a half-day during the week is that you end up going into the office on your weekend. I know for most people, Friday is not yet the weekend, but for me, it is. I had a patient that needed something done, and it could not wait until Monday. So, I had to pack up Z and head down to the office Friday afternoon. Everything went well with the patient, and Z was awesome! He endured some heavy 280 traffic and hung out right outside the operatory while my assistant and I worked. Then, we headed back out into the traffic, and since he was napping, I decided to visit hubby at work. We had a great time there, and Z loved meeting all the new people as well as seeing some old friends. Then, we headed home. We were pushing it on his feeding time, and the traffic was absolutely unbearable because there was a fire downtown that had crippled the whole area. Z started getting a little fussy, but who could blame him? It was rough. We got a lot accomplished though, and I broke out of my comfort zone a little by taking him out and doing so much with him (I'm normally pretty wimpy about taking him places because I've been burned too many times). So, on Friday, he got to see both of us in action. I only got a picture of him at Nick's work, though.

On Saturday, we were so excited to go to the chili cook-off. We were going to leave as soon as Z awoke from his long morning nap... Of course, because of our plans, the long morning nap was 50 minutes... Oh well, so we went anyway. After some discussion, I decided it would probably be best if I wore Z in the Moby Wrap. I had been experimenting with the lotus hold which allows him to face outward since he likes to look around more these days. Here's a picture of us in Whole Foods.
 

Besides, there were so many people, strollers, children, dogs, you name it, running around that I needed him to be close in to me. So, he looked around, got some sun, took it all in, and then when I felt like he had had enough, I turned him back towards me, tucked him, and he went right to sleep. I mean, within seconds! After the chili, we walked over to Edgewood Creamery and had ice cream. It was an awesome day, and we were all pooped when we got home. Here we are with our friend M and her mom.  We both had the same idea, avoid strollers at all costs!
  

Sunday was pretty uneventful. We took Z for a long walk, rented The Hurt Locker, had some pizza, and stayed up to watch The Oscars (most of it anyway). Z was exhausted by 7 (his new bedtime), so he slept all night without making a peep (which I am NOT taking for granted). Now, we have another work week and another fun weekend ahead with our sweet baby!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you peeps who left the strollers at home! We didnt get a pic and I didn't think of that till I left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend!! I can't believe I got to see Z two days in a row! I'll email you the pic of the 4 of you tonight- it's really good!!

    ReplyDelete