Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mom Half-Day

Work has been a little on the slower side lately, so I decided to take a half-day off yesterday. I couldn't wait to get home to my little boo, but the weather was gross, and I guess we were both feeling it. I guess he was excited to see me too, because he would hardly let me leave the room without fussing. The boy wanted some attention and he wanted it now! Z really likes his exersaucer and playmat. Lately, they have become the go-to items to occupy his attention. Yesterday, he wanted the real thing! I guess this is a new phase where he is beginning to understand that fussing gets results... On a brighter note, he napped well, but I couldn't fall asleep during what would be his longer nap, so I took a nap during what ended up being his shorter nap, long story short, I was reminded why I don't like taking naps anymore because if you can't awaken on your own time, you feel worse than you did before the nap. Anyway, I guess this is all to say that we are entering a new phase where he could get spoiled if we aren't careful. But really, so we answer his calls. He just wants a little love. Is that too much to ask?

I'm actually quite satisfied with this phase because he's not super mobile yet, and he still likes (but doesn't demand) to be held, particularly right after he eats, and really he's just so darn cuddly. He checks absolutely everything out and loves to touch our faces and sometimes puts his hands in our mouths. One little quirky thing I have discovered about him is that he does not like to eat with a lot of commotion around. He needs relative silence. If something interrupts him, he looks up at me like, "um, excuse me, can't you see I'm eating here?" I don't know where that one came from, but it is a little expression of his ever-forming personality. 

In other news, while we have tried to introduce some basic bath toys, Z only seems interested in his "God-given" bath toy. I guess it starts early. I won't go into detail, and needless to say I do not have pictures or video. While it may be notable that it has officially begun at a mere 5 months of age, I fully realize that this habit will never end. It will more likely only get worse.

1 comment:

  1. Haha good luck with the "God-given bath toy!" I'm glad I don't have to worry about that one! :)

    ReplyDelete