Saturday, February 27, 2010

5 Months!

Z is 5 months old today. I am so loving this age! He smiles so much and is a joy to hang out with.

So what's he up to these days?

He's sleeping fairly well, give or take a night or two. He sleeps 10 to 11 hours a night, and takes 3 or 4 naps a day. He really can't stay awake for more than an hour and a half to 2 hours at a time. He goes down easily, but he is STILL being swaddled. This is a probably going to be an issue later, but for now, it is helping us all sleep peacefully and after all why would we want to ruin something we've worked so hard for?

He still loves bath time. He has shown a slight fear of the removable shower head in the past, but has always tolerated it pretty well probably because he was so happy in the water that he could ignore whatever it was that scared him about it. Well, the other night, the fear overtook him. I stood behind him and sprayed some fresh water on his head, and he completely freaked out. He was clearly very afraid of the water spray, and it was all we could do to get him out of his tub immediately. It actually took a good while to calm him down after that one. Needless to say, we won't be using that shower head again!

He keeps his fists in his mouth. We have tried various teething toys, but the fists always win! He has no teeth yet, but has enough drool to fill a swimming pool.

We haven't started solids yet. I am waiting until he is 6 months old, so he can get the full benefit of breastfeeding. I am looking forward to starting, though, and I have already ordered some cookbooks for making my own. So, we'll see how that goes.

We are in the process of looking at schools for him to start in August. He is still at home with our nanny half the day and my mom half the day. I'm sure there will be more than one post about this coming up.

For right now, we are more thankful than ever that he is here and healthy. I love every second that I'm with him, and when I'm away, all I can think about is getting home to him!


 I have to admit we are getting pretty good at making him smile on demand. Just love those gums!

2 comments:

  1. I really do not understand how he gets cuter and cuter!!! It doesn't seem possible! I love the tummy time pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like such a happy baby! I can't wait to see his cute little smile in person.

    ReplyDelete