Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm Not Talking About it Anymore!

It's all about sleep when you have a baby in the house. I have already devoted 2 whole posts to sleep, and I usually try to post when things are starting to turn around. Well, call it 4 month regression or Mom speaking too soon, but things have gone bad again. We had almost 4 weeks of pure predictable bliss, long sleep-filled nights that last 10, 11, sometimes even 12 or more hours. Now, all of a sudden, we are having night wakings that come at unpredictable intervals and are much like those in the first few weeks of Z's life (I'm gonna start abbreviating to protect the innocent), minus the feedings. I think the hardest part is not knowing what kind of night it is going to be when you go to bed. He is still pretty dependent on the swaddle blanket, which he's almost busting out of, and he's been taking pretty good naps during the day. He just has these freak out moments in the middle of the night, and a few times it has taken up to an hour, that's right, an HOUR to calm him down. I guess, I should just resign myself to the fact that my sleep has forever been redefined and never look back!

Anyway, onto other Z news. He's been struggling with a stuffy nose/cold for about a week and a half now. This has been a major sleep disrupter, but we aren't talking about sleep anymore. He is also in the very early stages of rolling over from his back to his tummy, which will also facilitate the aforementioned... I'm still trying to teach him how to hang onto things, other than mommy's hair. That one he's not "picking up" as well yet, I know, I'm funny.


Well, at least he thinks so...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to tell you that Melanie and I were watching the super bowl last week and started talking about how much we love your blog... and how refreshing honest you are :) The realities of a new parent are great to hear about... before we experience them first hand one day! ha
    Sara Singleton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That baby keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! I didn't think it was possible!!! You can talk about sleep all you want!!! You have a baby!

    ReplyDelete