Friday, February 19, 2010

What The Kids Are Doing These Days

Tonight we took Z to Dodiyo's for dinner with our friends Julie and Lance. He did pretty well at dinner, so we decided to go to yogurt mountain afterward, even though it was his bedtime AND time to eat. In fact, writing it out makes me realize how dumb of a move it was. But anyway, the place was filled with pre-teens, tweens, teens, whatever the kids are calling themselves these days. Suffice it to say, we were definitely outnumbered, and Z was the only baby in sight. Nick picked out a table next to a large group of tweeny teen people, and Z decided to have a monumental explosion of screaming, probably worse than he has in a long time. He wouldn't even take his bottle, we knew we would only had one option, bail like crazy, and we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

The only positive thing (besides the yogurt) that came out of that experience was that the prepubescents got a nice little reminder about abstinence.

But on a brighter note, I was able to capture some smiles before we left


1 comment:

  1. Well y'all's Dodiyo's experience sounds better than ours. I went there when my parents were in town and I left with the babe before our food even came.

    And speaking of teens at Yogurt Mtn, the word on the street is (maybe it was Shelley that spotted this??) that 16 and Pregnant filmed there a few weeks ago, so maybe bringing a healthy reminder about abstinence to that place is a good thing. :) (I have a whole post about my love/hate relationship with 16 and pregnant that I haven't decided if I will actually post.)

    ReplyDelete