Monday, February 15, 2010

4 Month Visit, 2 Weeks Late

It wouldn't be a doctor visit post, without the subtitle listing how late I am getting to the doctor. It's not easy when you can only go on Fridays, and you have pesky things like CE credits that take up your weekend. Anyway, despite the tardiness and snow rumors, we finally managed to get to the doc for the his checkup and dreaded shots. When we arrived it had barely begun snowing, but by the time we left my car was covered!

My mom came with me this time, and the way it fell, it was about time for him to eat, so while we waited on the doc, I fed him some and intentionally stopped a little short so he'd have some left for comforting after shots. The checkup went well, he's 14 pounds 10 ounces and a whopping 25 and 3/4 inches, that's a 3 and 1/4 inch jump from his 2 month height! I was pretty excited about that. Anyway, she said he's interacting well and has good head control and that we can start solids whenever we want. I am opting to wait a bit because I have heard that it's easier if they're a little older. We may begin this weekend, though so stay tuned.

He braved his 4 shots very well. The nurse barely got the last one in before my mom scooped him up. He finished eating and we were off... in the snow. He fell asleep in the car so I dropped mom off to get her groceries and drove around with him. We could all tell that he was struggling after the shots this whole weekend. He just looked a little sad and didn't seem to have a lot of energy. On Saturday, he even ran a little fever, which made me unhappy, even though I knew it was basically normal. Anyway, I think he is probably already back to his old self, give or take a few outbursts of screaming last night, and he's over his cold, so all in all it wasn't so bad.

Here he is on the table. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow- I'd say that was a growth spurt!!! I want to see him in person soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of wish I had waited on the rice cereal...I think I started around 4 months,1 wk. She just had no idea what to do with the spoon or the mush that found it's way to her mouth. I think it took a couple of weeks to get her comfortable and into a good routine with the cereal. So don't feel pressured to start now if you don't think Z's ready. But he very well may be. You can always try and if he doesn't seem interested try again in a few weeks. And you're welcome for the unsolicited advice! :)

    ReplyDelete