Wednesday, June 30, 2010

9 Months

Z turned 9 months on Sunday! It has been a slightly stressful birthday for him due mostly to the fact that we moved this weekend and that he sprouted his second tooth. The poor guy picked the wrong time to cut a tooth. It began on Friday, moving day. We decided that I would go over to the house with Z and Nick would help the movers pack everything up and come over. Z must have known his life was about to be turned upside down, because he would NOT let me put him down at all the whole morning. So, 5 hours and no nap or food (for either of us) later, Nick arrived. The movers were on a lunch break, so we ate and put Z down for a much needed nap.  As much as I love him, it was miserable to have to carry him around an empty house for several hours with no TV or food.

It takes moving all your stuff to make you realize just how much you have!

After we got everything unloaded, we were feeling overwhelmed. So,we decided to go to my parent's house in Sylacauga for the night to get away and to gain some familiarity. Poor Z was really feeling it that night, and finally fell asleep after a lot of comforting much later than normal. We spent the rest of the weekend unpacking and trying to make our new house feel like a home. To my surprise, that has been no easy task! From our shampoo to our bed, and everything in between,the whole place is completely unfamiliar to us. It's like we have been living in someone else's house. We have been all out of sorts, and so has Z! On Sunday, after 2 rough nights, tooth #2 arrived. And, thankfully we have had relative peace since then. I would like to wait a little while before another one comes, thanks.

So, I haven't done an official 9 month photo shoot (been a little busy), but here are some I took on moving day (before tooth #2). I so LOVE the many faces of Z!

Serious (to me, he looks like he's about to crack up)
Threatening (Grrr, he does growl on occasion)
Silly (nothing else you can say about this face)
 
Funny (this one's like a fake laugh, which he does sometimes)
 

All in all, things have been very busy, but great. Z is adjusting to his new surroundings and his new room. He has been sleeping much better. He is pulls up if you give him a hand. And, he's starting to reach out for things to pull up on.
We don't have our 9 month appointment for a couple of weeks, because our doc is on vacation, but my scale has him at about 18 pounds and 9 or 10 ounces. We're shooting for 19 by the appointment. He is eating super well and has yet to turn anything away. He's still breastfeeding (though his days are numbered), and (hesitantly) doing well with holding his own bottle (so I'm told). He also does pretty well with water in a sippy cup. We are still nowhere near self-feeding. He likes to sit, open his mouth, chew and repeat, and really wants nothing to do with the process of getting there. 

He has had some table food like cheese and chicken, and he threw down on a cheese quesadilla at Superior Grill the other night! I'm pretty sure I'm ready for him to start table food, at least then he'll be a little closer to doing it himself!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I told Nick today that I've missed your blog!!!! Z is so super cute. I can't wait to see the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fake laughs! C does that a lot and it always cracks me up!

    Be glad he is not too interested in feeding himself yet, bc you will find food in cracks and crevices you didn't know existed (both on the baby and your house :) ).

    I didn't think it was possible but it seems like Z is getting cuter every month!

    ReplyDelete