Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and Such

Z has been having some busy weekends, and this one was no exception. Friday we had orientation at his new school. We got to put him in the classroom that he is going to be in (at least for a little while) and let him get acquainted. He seemed to like it, and I am slowing warming up to the idea too. Enrollment there is on the low side, so I'm thinking that will be good for my son, who is used to being the only man in his caretaker's life! Friday night we went to Nick's firm's annual cookout, and even though it was all over Z's bedtime, we decided to take him anyway. We were really glad we did, because he got to see so many people and meet some new babies. I don't have any pictures, but I know some were taken so I'll try to track them down. I have been seriously slacking on the picture taking these days, and I'm sorry for that!

Saturday, we packed and went to the house to await the delivery of our bed and mattress. All of that went so smoothly. Z even napped in a pack n' play in his future room. I can only hope the big move goes half as smoothly. Then we went to Sylacauga to hang with the family and leave Z sleeping while we went to my 10 year high school reunion! It was fun to see everyone and catch up, but we had moving and Z on the brain so we didn't stay very long.

My sis is in town, which means Z got to hang out with cousin Adam. They had a blast together, and I think were having a competition to see who could scream the loudest. Adam was crawling circles around Z, so hopefully he was a good influence on him. Here's where we are on that front.

Step 1, we put him up on his hands and knees.  
Step 2, we put a desirable toy, just far enough away

Step 3 is usually Z on his belly. Believe it or not, this is progress! Z also is saying mama now, although it usually goes like this muma-bababa. As, ba-ba still reigns supreme in Z's vocabulary.

Sunday, we packed more. Poor Nick only got a Father's Day hug and kiss from me and Z, because we have been so busy. We are thinking there will be a belated gift in the form of a grill or tools for the house, but it just wasn't happening this weekend. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is so involved in everything Z. He loves his baba very much too.

I wouldn't even know where to start to show my appreciation for my dad, who was my everything for 24 years before I married the love of my life and is still on the short list of guys that I love more than anything. (that list consisting of Z, Nick, and Baba). I am one lucky girl!

1 comment:

  1. LP! You know I have that red dress. We can be twinkies!

    ReplyDelete