Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summertime!

We had another great weekend! Right when the sun came out on Saturday, we took Z back out to the pool. I just knew he would jump right in since it was warmer and he had done it the day before, but it turns out that he had to get adjusted again, and once he did, he had a blast! This time we weren't alone, so it was even better.

Swim lessons from Jido

 
He's getting the hang of it
I love the face he's making in this one
His raisin toes are saying, I think we've had enough
 
Drying off
Close-up courtesy of daddy
Hanging out afterward in his Rockband t-shirt
Z is now saying "dada" as much as he says "baba." He squeals a lot, and I'm pretty sure he has conversations with himself, especially when he's in his crib before or after he sleeps.

He is also no longer a vegetarian. He has had chicken 2 nights in a row, and so far as long as we mix it with something familiar he seems to like it.

My favorite new thing, which started last Tuesday, is that when I come to get him from my mom in the afternoon, he gets really excited and reaches both arms out to me and leans way out with his whole body. Once I hold him, he leans in and gives me a little hug, wraps one arm around mine, and sticks to me! I'm sure one day I'll complain that he is "stuck" to me, but right now I couldn't be happier. He also does this in the morning when Nick gets him out of the crib and brings him to me while I'm getting ready. I think this one is motivated more by hunger, but I'm not complaining! Whatever the reason, I LOVE this new behavior. It is so rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment