Monday, January 30, 2012

Mr. Independent

The past couple of weekends have been so fun with our little man. He loves our weekend routine of going to the gym, playing outside, and eating out together, and so do we.

Everything is “in here” or “dere.” Like “I go dere,” “not working in here.” Just yesterday, he said “Shoe goff (shoes off) in here.” He’s repeating things he hears us say and just this morning said “Don’t do dat.” I’m thinking he’s heard that a time or two.

Last night he was even trying to repeat what my dad was saying and he was speaking in Arabic!
IMG_6534copy
IMG_6537
IMG_6517
He is becoming Mr. Independent and doesn’t want help climbing up into his chair to eat or getting in and out of the car seat. The other day, he actually told Nick to “LET GO” when he was trying to help him. I would have been frightened if I weren’t laughing so hard!

He’s now had his first case of croup, which is highly contagious and requires immediate pick up from school. Because my mom was in Pensacola taking care of my sister’s kids, that fell on me and went something like this:

Call from the school, frantic calls to husband dad and doctor, pick up from school, bring him to office to see patients (me not him), go home get supplies (i.e. pack n play, diapers, snacks, books, etc.), get lunch (him not me), get to the doctor, eat lunch in the waiting room, get seen, get prescription, go to pharmacy and back to the office for patients (me) and nap (him). Thankfully, he slept the entire afternoon (1:30 to 4:30). By the time we got home an did the evening routine I was EXHAUSTED, like fall asleep on the couch at 8 o’clock exhausted.

Thankfully we caught that in time, and he was fine, but now he has a dry cough that’s keeping him up at night and a low-grade fever. The call should be coming anytime….

No comments:

Post a Comment