Monday, January 23, 2012

Numba 2

This post is dedicated to baby number 2, who has proven herself to be a mystery in her mere 22 and 1/2 weeks of existence. I know I had some symptoms when I was pregnant with Z, but they were few and more importantly common, you know food aversions, nausea, fatigue, etc. And, I have had some of those with  number 2, but I have also had some other less common symptoms. I attribute these strange symptoms to pregnancy because I’ve googled, and found that I’m not the only one who’s had these.

Note: you can google virtually ANYTHING with the word pregnancy and know that someone somewhere has had it too. I mean ANYTHING from crazy dreams to toenail fungus. I’m just saying.

So, my first weird symptom was also an early one and that was a nosebleed, recurring for a period of about 3 or 4 weeks. I’ve never had nosebleeds, so I blamed that on baby girl. Those stopped, then began bleeding gums, particularly one spot which stays irritated, but I’m not getting into that. Now, I’m getting tongue ulcers (weird that 2 of these are mouth related). For about a week, I have had these migrating, relatively painful ulcers on my tongue. At first, I thought it was a virus, because I noticed Z had them too, but now I’m starting to think it’s pregnancy related, why? Because I googled of course! I have also had (what I think is) sciatic nerve pain in the rear region, but thankfully that is pretty much gone.

By the way, I’m sorry if this is TMI, that’s not usually my style.

This girl is SO active. I can’t believe I didn’t even notice Z kick until around 20 weeks. I have been feeling her since at least 15, and it seems like she’s moving all day (and night). Slow down, girlfriend!

I had my first random person ask if I was pregnant at Zumba yesterday, and she said “the baby must be tired” because I was really shaking it, so yeah, it’s probably my fault. She may come out doing the merengue.

I have started to tell Z that “there’s a baby in there.” I also had to teach him to “rub Mama’s belly” otherwise, he wanted to slap it.
photo(5)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have the gum bleeding but I know Christopher did and that it can be common during pregnancy. I'm prone to nosebleeds during the fall/winter anyway, but I have definitely had more than normal with this pregnancy. And dittos on the sciatica! Not fun!

    ReplyDelete