Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Z

I took a lot of pictures of all of the kids, but of course Z got the lion’s share, so I figured I’d post a few, after all, if you’re here, you’re probably used to it. (I have also been working on PSE, mainly with the PW Actions, and loving it! I can’t wait to learn more (when I find time)), so I’m sharing a few of my favorites.
IMG_6196
My sis brought her kids first, and Z is pretty used to having them over. Having said that, there was some fighting over toys, and I heard “MINE!” used quite a few times. We actually had to put the trampoline away because none of them would could share. The majority of his time was actually spent chasing or being chased around, rolling around on the floor, and playing outside. He woke up every morning and went to bed at night asking for “Ameeya and Adam.”
Then my brother’s kids came, and it was like constant entertainment for all 6 of them all the time. Z wasn’t sure which one to follow or chase or play with because there was so much to do in any given moment! He was about as happy as I’ve ever seen him. Then, he started asking for Ameeya, Adam, Tahya, Kenz, Jude, pretty much at all times.
IMG_6173
One night he was chasing Talia around the house. Once he figured out which direction she was going, he took off with his arm out and yelled “I comin’!” which, by the way is probably my new favorite thing he says. He also says it now when he sees the moon or stars. He looks up and says, “Moon, I comin’!”
He has been trying to cope ever since they left. At least that’s what I’m going to blame his tantrumy screams for no reason abnormal behavior on. Coping, yeah, that sounds good. I know it’s sad for him, but it’s also great to get back into the routine.
IMG_6099
He is talking so much, I don’t even know where to start. He says stuff like “Watch this, Mama/Baba” and “I wanna watch water” (Wipeout, his favorite show). He also mimics me a lot, even reflecting my intonation in saying “Good Job Zayd-uh!” “You DID it!'”
He can sing ABC’s, B-I-N-G-O (sounds like “B-I-Ayygeeo”), Old McDonald (Sounds like “Old D-donald” and when he gets to the animal sounds it turns to “with a moo moo here a moo moo here a moo moo here” and on and on, until I break the cycle for him, oh and Wheels on the Bus.
He’s been branching out a little more lately with food. He actually added “strawbebbies” to the fruit repertoire, previously consisting of bananas and (recently) apples. I didn’t video it this time, but I did take a picture. Hey, it’s a big deal.
He loves fries and chips, specifically barbecue, but who doesn’t? And, good Lord, he loves chocolate (Chock-it). I don’t know, maybe because my mom feeds it to him nearly constantly when she’s around him. That could be why.
IMG_6070
He really likes traditional little boy things like trains and cars, but I think his thing is sports and sport balls. He likes watching football and basketball (the latter of which is rarely on the Gax family TV, but when it is, he likes it), and he LOVES playing with his basketball hoop that Aunt Talia and uncle John gave him for Christmas. He likes to throw footballs and about anything else he gets a whim for. We’re working on that, actually.
IMG_6057
That’s all for now, I’m sure I’ll think of some more later.

1 comment:

  1. omg one of my most favorite things C says is "I comin'! So cute! :) Glad he had such a great time with the cousins! That's fun that he has so many playmates in the family, even though they don't live close by. They'll always be best buds!

    ReplyDelete