Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Names Names Names

Well, I have tried to protect the innocent as much as possible on this blog by referring to him as Z, and I’m sure I will do the same for numba 2, but I thought I would at least officially announce her name and the evolution to it. After much discussion, we have decided on Lujayn Pacha Gaxiola.

The Pacha Gaxiola part was pretty much set from the beginning the rest has been an evolution. We began discussing names from the day we learned of her gender. We went round and round looking for an Arabic name with a nice meaning that would be easy to pronounce and not too common. I love L’s in girls names and thought about many of those including Layla and Lyla, then Nick reminded me of the song Liza Jane and we thought about Lyla Jane, which ultimately led us to Lujayn, which my brother’s wife had mentioned once but we had never really heard it much before that. Nick loved it from the start and already thinks of her as his little Lou, and I realized it met all the criteria we were looking for, and it’s a sweet sounding name. I have a hard time really loving a name until I see the baby with the name, so I have been less enthusiastic and would have been no matter what name we chose. We researched and found out that it means “silver,” which Nick appreciated as he referred to it as a “non-pretentious” metal.

So, that is it, little Lujayn. She’s been on my brain non-stop these days. I think I am making up for all those months when it didn’t register that she would be coming!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, another LPG in the family. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Of course I'm partial to 'Lou' as it's one of my many nicknames :), and we have thought about using Jane after my aunt. SC was almost Jane. :) So I think it's perfect! And L's do make very pretty monograms. :)

    ReplyDelete