Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Nesting

Well folks, I am officially in full out nesting mode. I have been feeling this way for about a month or so, but now my booty is getting in gear. We have a lot of preparations to make for Baby G’s arrival and no more denial, this baby’s coming!

We partially moved Z up to his big boy room recently and have been talking about finishing the job (i.e. moving my clothes out of his closet so we can move his in, moving his bath stuff, toys, etc.). Well this was the weekend. We had to get his old room cleared out and his new room stocked up. Now, when we moved, I put my clothes any and every where that they would fit (I seem to have a lot of clothes, and yet never anything to wear I guess that’s another story). Well, that ain’t cutting it anymore because Z needs his closet to himself, so we we bought a (really great) clothes rack for me for storage and I worked on clearing closets. Y’all, I was probably up and down stairs between Z’s room, my room, and the basement 100 times. That’s a haul for a preggo. Thankfully, Nick had Z outside and doing other stuff so I could work in peace and I took several breaks (I had to be the one to do it too, because I need to know where my junk is!). By the end of the weekend, we had Z’s closet emptied and stocked, the clothes rack filled up, and my clothes confined to about 1/2 of one extra closet. I’m gonna find a way to empty that one completely too.

The baby’s room is stocked with (the teensiest) diapers, bed made and her closet is quickly filling up (especially after I went through the boxes of clothes my sis gave me that belonged to my niece!). It was rather productive, but there is still plenty to be done!

Friday, me and Z ran some errands for him and the baby. He was such a fun little companion. Let me tell you, this is not always the case, but he was so good and cracking me up the whole time we were walking around Home Goods and Target. He was very content in the cart and as long as he was free to ask “What’s that?” When we got home, it was a little late and he had been talking about going to the mall all day, so we rode with my dad to Brookwood Mall, and I pushed him around in his stroller while my parents walked the Lakeshore Trail. I canNOT remember the last time he rode in the stroller, but he loved it! We walked/rode for about an hour, got a cookie and went to the condo, which is his new favorite place. The past couple of nights he has told us before bed, “After I wake up, I go condo, kay?”

We went to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt again this year, and it was a beautiful day to be out! I was so happy to get my camera back out, as it had been collecting dust. Z had to have his glasses, which is a regular occurrence. When we’re in the car, he says “I got sunshine, I need glasses.” Then, every once in a while it surprises him and he says “It’s dark! I need sunshine!”
IMG_6945 
IMG_6946
He was really excited about hunting eggs and I couldn’t believe he wasn’t scared of the Easter Bunny either. Is it just me, or are they a little creepy??
IMG_6956
He gave him fiveIMG_6961
He was ready to cross the start line!
IMG_6963
This is a perfect picture to show how he runs, it’s like a fast stomp
IMG_6969
Believe it or not, he was not really interested in accumulating egg wealth. We collected about 10 eggs and he seemed more interested in “what’s inside?” than anything. The other kids snatched them up fast!
IMG_6983
Documenting the pregnant-ness…
IMG_6995

No comments:

Post a Comment