Monday, April 23, 2012

Parties and Potties

We had an eventful weekend. In fact, we were down right social butterflies compared to our usual weekends of doing not much of anything outside of ourselves. Thursday night, Nick’s group at work hosted a dinner/shower for us and the 2 other couples in his group who are expecting. They are both due around the same time as us, so the bellies were in full force. I loved it! We had an awesome time, everyone was very generous, and it was great to get out even though we stayed up way too late.

Then, on Friday, one of my dear friends from college was in town and came to visit me and Z. Z decided that day that he was going to go potty for me. He walked up to me in the morning and said “I want tin-tane hearts.” Which translates to candy hearts (from Valentine’s Day) and more importantly the treat he usually gets when he goes in the potty. So, I said “Do you want to go tee tee in the potty?” and he said “yes.” At this point I am not getting my hopes up that anything is going to happen because he has only gone a few times and always at night after dinner. But we went anyway, and within a few seconds he started going. Long story short, he went in the potty for the rest of the day including at the Lebanese Food Festival! And, he was dry most of the day too! I was in awe/ecstasy. Is it possible? Could he have potty trained in one day? The kid had so many treats on Friday, he was probably on a constant sugar high, but I didn’t care. Side note, I was so emotionally and mentally invested in this that I had dreams about the potty Friday  night. That is sad!

The next day he continued his potty journey, although he had had one big traumatic poop on Friday that had him totally freaked out to poop again. He kept saying “no poo poo right now” “poo poo tomorrow.” And there it is. So before we even got started we’ve suffered a little set-back. So now, just because he went for one day I’m expecting it to be done, when 2 days ago I would have been happy with him going 2 times in one day instead of once. We went a lot of places this weekend and he didn’t get nearly the amount of sleep he needs, so in that sense it was not the best weekend for potty progress.

We got to celebrate sweet Henry’s first birthday on Saturday, and it was a beautiful day for it! Z had so much fun! We loved catching up with H’s parents and we were honored to share his special day with them!

IMG_7011edit

IMG_7006edit

Z had a blast opening H’s presents and sweet Henry didn’t mind at all! I wasn’t sure he was going to let this one go!

IMG_7015edit

The automatic bubble blower was a huge hit!

IMG_7033IMG_7039IMG_7047

Sunday we went to the Day out with Thomas in Calera. I gotta tell you, I was star struck by the life size Thomas engine myself! It was so cool! Z loved riding the train and equally the bounce house, train tables and mini golf!

IMG_7068

IMG_7099IMG_7116

I can’t reach it!

IMG_7085edit

IMG_7129

IMG_7151IMG_7139

Not too excited about leavingIMG_7166

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like you guys had a fun weekend but I am a little tired after just reading about it. Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete