Monday, May 14, 2012

Still Here

I am now 10 days out from my due date and no baby. I don’t even feel like she wants to come out. She (and I) seems pretty content. I had my 38 week check on Friday and the baby is still high and I’m a little more dilated (1.5 cm), but still about 60% effaced. We went ahead and scheduled an induction for Monday, May 21, which works great for exactly one person, me. I say that because my parents will be out of town Monday-Wednesday and my in-laws, who will be in town, will have been here for several days waiting. I am already here at work today when I had planned not to be. So, that’s the plan. I hope she’ll be ready by then. It’s only a few days from her due date, and I’m kinda looking forward to having a set date that I can plan around, but part of me is anxious about pushing her to get here when she may not be ready.

My theory is that I am not desperate enough. When I was pregnant with Z, I had a total breakdown the morning before what ended up being his birthday. I mean, full on, I’m ready for this baby to be here, I’m getting tired of being pregnant breakdown. I do NOT feel that way at all this time. I feel like I could do this for another month or so. I’m sure it’s because I know what’s coming, labor, recovery, sleepless nights, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled to meet this sweet baby, and I pray every day that she will be healthy and arrive safely, I just know that once she’s in the world, that’s it, there’s no going back.

So, that’s where we are, content happy in the belly, 3 weeks, no change.

We did some work this weekend on the nursery (pictures coming). We also got and installed our video monitor. Y’all, this thing is amazing! We got an extra camera for Z’s room, and I could not stop watching him. We knew he didn’t go right to sleep when we put him down at night and for naps, but were never really sure what he was doing until now. We watched him get books out and turn pages, pretend to read, sing, and what I thought was the funniest, he kept sticking his leg in and out of the covers as he finally settled in for his nap. I can NOT wait to spy on Lu like every day of her little life! How did we ever function without this thing?!

We enjoyed lots of downtime and celebrated Mother’s Day at Carrabba’s on Saturday night. I have been having a blast with my new camera lens too, and I think I got it just in time.

IMG_7328

IMG_7351

IMG_7354

IMG_7360

IMG_7379

IMG_7386

IMG_7400

IMG_7506

IMG_7538

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Great pics with the new camera lens too! What kind-of camera do you have and what kind-of new lens did you get? We just bought our first DSLR camera, and I am super excited! I am wanting to buy a fixed lens 50mm 1.8 for Christmas, but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I have a canon rebel xs and I do have the 50mm lens too. It is a great lens, but can be tricky. I have a link to the lens on the post. It is a 18-200mm, has about 2 or 3 times the zoom as the 'kit lens.' I honestly don't know that much about photography, but I'm trying ;). My friend recommended this zoom lens because she had it recommended to her by a photographer.

      Delete