Monday, September 10, 2012

My Birthday!

This was a great weekend for several reasons (in no particular order)

1. It was my birthday

2. Lu went back to sleeping through the night

3. Z pooped in the potty (really all last week)

4. Z had his first soccer game

5. The weather was beautiful

Allow me to elaborate, with pictures, except the poop. I’ll let you use your imagination with that one.

It was my birthday! Nick surprised me on Friday with presents and all the dreamcakes cupcakes you could, well, dream of (good one, huh?). That was fun, and I think I’ve had my fill on cupcakes until my next birthday, probably everyone else in my house has too, I can imagine!

IMG_8549

Notice, I was dressed for the occasion, t-shirt, burp cloth, no makeup, standard Friday attire.

IMG_8550

Lu slept! Yay! We had to take her arms out of the swaddle, which has facilitated her finding her thumb and we have gone back to the ol’ hairdryer recording. Worked like a charm, and Nick gets all the credit for that. I tell ya, Mama’s in a muuuch better mood when her sleep doesn’t get interrupted by a crying baby (or as it happened once last week, 2 crying babies). Baby girl wakes up much happier too!

IMG_8559

IMG_8560IMG_8562

Okay, Z has been (albeit reluctantly) pooping in the potty for about a week and a half now. A few weeks ago he finally did it again for the first time in MONTHS, but then took a couple steps back and had some accidents, then he went in the potty again a couple more times, then accident. But, the last 4 or 5 times have all been in the potty. We always have to catch him when he looks like he’s about to go and bribe, then coach, then wait, then cheer (excessively). Hey, whatever it takes right?! On the bright side, I can’t remember the last time he had a teetee accident.

Okay, the last two really go together. Saturday night we actually took the kids out. We have been scared to do this ever since two weeks ago when keeping the kids out too late totally ruined their (and our) sleep. I’m so glad we did though, because this time it was a success. After Z’s nap, we went to the Summit and totally raided Lululemon. My dad extraordinarily generously treated us ALL to some awesome workout attire, and we got to try out our new double stroller.

photo 3photo 1

photo 2

Sunday, my birthday day, was Z’s first soccer practice and game. He looked so stinkin cute, I couldn’t stand it, but I’m not sure he really knew what was going on. He mostly ran, swung his arms, and stared at his shadow (which he was totally fascinated with). A couple of times he got mad because he wanted to kick the ball. He would look over at us, and say “Heyyy, I wanted to kick it!” Then we would say, “then go get it!” and he would get back in the game.  It was awesome, and I was sooo touched that everybody came to support him, my brothers, cousin J, my mom and dad, and of course Lu, who got a ride in the ergo for the first 30 minutes or so. And, a special thanks to Uncle Faris who took most of these pictures.

Dressed and ready

IMG_8572

Put me in coach!

IMG_8748

IMG_8604

Warm up exercises

IMG_8592

DrillsIMG_8615IMG_8638IMG_8674

IMG_8613IMG_8676IMG_8712IMG_8641

The game begins

He took my ball!IMG_8741IMG_8666IMG_8739

Shadow ChasingIMG_8736

Yeah!IMG_8696IMG_8724

Of course we can’t forget about Miss Lu: the guest of honorIMG_8770IMG_8762IMG_8764IMG_8798

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Faris! I am so happy that the whole potty issue is getting better for Zayd and Lu is sleeping all night. Can't wait to see Zayd play soccer when we come for his party. The shadow thing cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete