Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I was pretty excited about the long weekend, hanging out at home relaxing, sleeping. Well, Lu had some other plans. Friday we went to the condo, which resulted in Z staying up way past bedtime and Lu’s night being interrupted. The ride home at 10:30 was not fun, let me tell you. Z was so drowsy I thought he was going to get sick and Lu screamed until she fell back asleep. Then, she was up from 11 to 12, then back up at 5. That was after Thursday night when she slept without a peep from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.! I was one ill mama! Then I realized that part of the interruption was because she was trying to roll over. She does the exact maneuver that Z did when he rolled over for the first time in his swaddle! The next day, when she was done with her nap, she rolled right over to her back to start watching her mobile! While it is great, it also presents the problem of waking up to flip and reminds me that the swaddle is soon to be a thing of the past!

Z was not feeling well off and on the whole weekend with a low-grade temperature and cough. I ended up staying home all day Saturday and Sunday and the guys (my brothers and Nick) were in and out but basically stayed home too. By Monday, I was itching to get out and the kids needed to also, so I had the grand idea of going to the McWane Center. Really, I wanted Z to see Dora and Diego, but it was so ridiculously crowded that that was a short-lived plan. They had so much fun with all of the other exhibits though, and Lu did pretty well in the ergo. I never even had to nurse her, though if I had I would have fit right in because the place was overrun with nursing mamas!

I think he was excited to see diego, it was hard to tell because there were 4,000 other children scrambling around the place.

IMG_8456

Not so sure what to think of the bed of nails. I love this picture though :)

IMG_8460

I really didn’t mean to blow him away in this picture, but it’s a little hilarious

IMG_8470IMG_8471

J is clearly the one with the smooth moves in this picture, but Z was rocking some cool moves himself. I especially liked the hip shake he had going on

IMG_8489

IMG_8506

Cousin J had this bubble thing down!

IMG_8516

They had a water gun fight, but hugged and made up afterward

IMG_8493IMG_8499

Me and Lu were quite content to watch the events from afar

IMG_8533

IMG_8538

We had lunch afterwards and left the kids with my mom and dad and headed to my favorite place: the mall! While my brother looked at mattresses for their new house, I just browsed. It’s kinda hard to shop when you know you only have about an hour though.

photo(21)

With two exhausted kids, we decided to call it a night early and they were both asleep by 7. I’m not sure I’d say it was a restful weekend, but we enjoyed the family time nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment