Monday, December 3, 2012

6 Month Checkup

Lu had her 6 month checkup on Friday. Our plan was to go straight from there to Sylacauga, eat lunch with my dad and then go home for naps and to get ready for my dad’s staff holiday party. Well, 2 hours later, and I was leaving the doctor’s office with no blue form, starving and very frustrated. I am not going to get into my disdain for pediatricians right now, but suffice it to say it is growing by the day….

Z was NOT on his best behavior at the doctor’s office, despite his appearance in these photos.

IMG_3456IMG_3457

On the positive side, Lu is doing great! She had clear ears (thank God!) and her growth is great, 26 inches long (50%) and 14 lb’s 13.5 oz.’s (25%). Those are basically the percentiles she started out in, so I’m satisfied.

She both nursed and had a meal of carrots while we were waiting. She took both like a champ, while Z ran around the jail cell exam room actually laying on the disgusting floor twice.

I considered giving him some crayons and no paper, just to see what would happen. I mean, what do you expect when you lock up leave one mom, one 3 year old, and one infant in a room for an hour and a half?!IMG_3461

I know I’ve said this before, but man those shots are serious. I know she has some padding on those thighs, but the needles are so long! I felt horrible for her as usual, but she did great and was ready to GO as were we!

IMG_3453

We had a lot of fun Friday night, Lu got passed around a bit and didn’t mind at all. In fact, she got so excited, she could barely hold still in their arms! She was bouncing like crazy and cooing! It was really cute. I was happy to have one last evening in the Sylacauga house and the kids slept great. Z actually slept by himself in my old room (the mattress and box springs are on the floor, so the bed is really low to the ground). It was really nice.

IMG_3509

So, what is Lu up to these days? She’s sitting up by herself pretty well, but you definitely have to stay close by, because she starts tipping after a bit.

She’s eating super well, so far she’s had a mix of homemade stuff (sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas) and store bought (squash, pears, applesauce), some mixed with rice or oatmeal cereal, some mixed together (sweet potatoes and carrots). They discovered that mixture at school, when I sent the carrots for the first time with a back-up of sweet potatoes. She ended up eating them both mixed one in the morning after her first bottle and one in the afternoon after her last bottle. So now, she’s (already) eating twice a day and loving it!

I just love the way she eats, she drops that tongue way down like a lizard and just scoops the food in. Believe me, you know when she’s ready for the next bite.

IMG_3476IMG_3479IMG_3480IMG_3482

She is super active and wants to be involved in whatever’s going on at all times. She’s getting pretty strong on her tummy, although still shows no signs of crawling.

IMG_3512IMG_3514

She loves her big brother, when he starts being silly, she looks at him with fascination and has laughed at him far more than she ever has at us!

She still nurses 4-5 times a day when we’re together and takes 3 6 oz. bottles of breastmilk at school. She sleeps through the night, although we usually hear her talking at least once a night through the monitor. She’s a pretty good napper, if she’s ready to sleep, all you have to do is put her down and walk away. She does that at night too. Most nights I have to steal the cuddles, because she’d really rather fall asleep in the bed.

I’m so thankful she still really likes being in her carrier and in the moby and ergo carriers. She rarely gets fussy, except when she’s tired, hungry, or (I think) bored. She likes her little dolls (including her new cabbage patch) and playing with paper or plastic wrappers.  

I will leave you with this, Lu’s first ponytail

IMG_3520IMG_3516

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the ponytail. I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I love that child's hair!

    ReplyDelete