Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ten on…

1. Z likes to say he has peanut butter in his ear. I’ve been trying to work that into a post for a while, but I’ve never found the right time. I think it’s hilarious though.

2. I have run myself ragged this week. We have be insanely busy at work, lots of family stuff and buying new clothes for the kids and food (and presents) in between. It has been non-stop. I am so happy today is my last day for a week! Yay!

3. I have been carrying my point and shoot camera around to try and take more  pictures since my DSLR spends most of its time at the house. It has been nice, and I have busted it out a couple of times. We discovered last night that the card (which I’ve never formatted) has pictures from 2010 on it. That’s a little sad.

4. Z’s school Christmas program was yesterday. My schedule cleared up just enough for me to get there (albeit a few minutes late), and it was quite anti-climactic. The kids all just sat and looked at their respective parents. Z made his shy “I’m trying not to smile” face when he saw me. I was still glad I could make it, and my mom came too. Although it quickly turned into a debacle when I was trying to leave and I was blocked. Then to make matters worse, Z all of a sudden had to go poop. We made it back to my office eventually and Z took his place on the throne here. All’s well that ends well I always say.

PC190089

31538_10100249298825156_90603773_n

5. I have finally started getting over an incident that happened a couple weeks ago, so now I’ll tell the story. We took a family trip to the Galleria, which was going fine. We were browsing the appliance section of Macy’s, when I realized Lu needed a diaper change. Instead of taking her to the restroom, I decided to put her down in a corner of the maternity department and take care of business. It happened to be right by the nursing bras, so I thought, sure I could use a couple of these and it made me feel less bad about marking Lu’s territory there. I bought the bras, went back to Nick and Z, then Z had to go potty. I took him and then we went to play games, bought our Ninja blender and new coffeemaker, then headed home. I have a bad habit of dropping shopping bags in my closet, then coming back to them the next day, so I thought nothing of the bag until Sunday, when I promptly realized it was nowhere in the house. Long story short, I still have not found that bag, and I assume someone at the Galleria stole it picked it up. While I know I will likely never see the contents of that bag again, I take solace in the fact that whoever found it was probably very disappointed.

6. My parents are convinced Z has a tonsil problem, because he periodically lowers his voice. I think he’s just trying to be cool.

7. Speaking of, I saw a bumper sticker on a mini-van today that made me laugh out loud. It said: “I used to be cool.” I feel that way sometimes.

8. The other day I was at Wal-Mart looking for a doll for Lu and I realized that the only dark-haired doll they had was Dora. I like Dora just as much as the next guy, but can’t I get a regular baby doll with dark hair?!

9. Z used to do pretty well when he would have to come to my office. He’d stay either in my personal office or sit up front with Susie, but now he wanders around. The two times he was here this week, he ended up in the patient’s room with me despite all the fun activities I had there for him!

 PC170085

PC170086

10. I am so excited Nick has off almost the same amount of time I do this year! I can’t wait! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked at the American Girl dolls? They have some Bitty Babies that have darker hair.

    ReplyDelete