Monday, December 17, 2012

Mixed Emotions

I debated whether to post today, so much happened over the weekend. I am just so sad about the tragedy that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I see my babies in all children and it’s almost too much to take. I just can’t thank God enough that my children are safe. I worry too so much sometimes, I have to remind myself to trust in God that He is in charge. I know it is going to be impossible for the family members of those who lost their lives to find solace or peace of any kind. I am praying for them and for their angels who are surely in a better place now.

I also pray for all of the children and people of all ages senselessly dying all over the world and especially in Syria right now. Unfortunately it is no longer the place it was when my parents were growing up. Children (and men, women, and the elderly) are dying every single day there and have been since it started almost two years ago. It actually started with the brutal murder of a single child. So I also have to thank God that He lead my parents to the USA all those years ago, so we could raise our children in a society where we may have to worry about random, sick, evil (or whatever word you could use to describe them) gunmen, but at least we do not have to worry about a sick, evil, despicable (there aren’t enough disgusting words to describe him) dictator killing his own people to maintain power and prevent them from having freedom, a God-given right.

Lu turned 7 months, we had our 6 year anniversary, and Z got really sick with fever and chills this weekend. He is at home today with my mom, and hopefully on the mend. With all the emotions I felt this weekend, I probably should wait to update you on all of those happenings until I am in better spirits.

Tomorrow is the Blogger Day of Silence, and I will be observing it. It is the most miniscule thing I could do to show that my heart is with those who’s lives changed forever on 12/14/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment