Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ten on…

In the spirit of a couple of my blog friends, and because I have been lacking slightly in inspiration, and because I have a few random thoughts, I have decided to do a 10 on… post. Today it will be 10 on Thursday.

1. I have decided to remodel my office, which I have been in for over 4 years now, and I am super excited. I really liked the way it looked when I acquired it, but I can’t wait to make it my own.

2. Lu has started saying “ba-ba.” She doesn’t do it exactly like Z, but she can actually mimic us a little bit and is trying really hard. She’s known how for a while, but last night she really hit her stride.

3. Also in the spirit of same said bloggers, I am reading Gone Girl. It is really good, and I love having a ibook book to go to when I am feeding Lu, eating, or before I go to sleep at night.

4. Z is pretty into superheroes these days, but really just in name and gear. He has no idea what they’re all about. I have already bought him quite a few batman presents for Christmas, as that seems to be the clear favorite right now. Although he still likes spiderman a lot too.

5. Pumping has been very different for me this time. I never really know how my supply is going to be from one day to the next. I don’t remember having that problem with Z. I’ve always made sure I had enough, but there were some days I wasn’t sure I’d make it! Right now it’s going well, and I’m back down to three times a day, including once before I go to bed, which makes no sense, but it works.

6. I am so excited my parents are finally moving to our neighborhood. They settled on a beautiful house, and I can’t wait to hang out there, not to mention give Hotel Gaxiola my house a break from all the family dinners and spend the night company (even though secretly I love it!).

7. This weekend is our anniversary, and we are forcing ourselves out of the house sans kids. I don’t know why it is hard for us to plan these things. I guess we are just content at home with them, or going to the mall and picking up Five Guys on the weekends. I am really excited though about a date night!

8. I am spoiled by two great children’s clothing stores that are so close to my house and office Fireflies and Fairytales and Favorite Laundry. I have so enjoyed frequenting them for cute clothes for Lu, especially during my lunch break.

9. I love The Middle so much. I quote it all the time, like a lunatic, but it is seriously hilarious. I really love that Frankie, played by Patricia Heaton (from Everybody Loves Raymond, another favorite of mine) is going to dental assisting school. It is so funny and actually very relevant. I have several patients with older kids who are going to dental assisting school right now.

10. I hope this wasn’t super boring or random. I kindof enjoyed writing all that down. Maybe there’ll be some more 10 on’s in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I like the 10 on's :) Maybe I'll use the same idea when I'm having writers block!

    ReplyDelete