Monday, March 4, 2013

9 Month Appointment

Miss Lu had her 9 month appointment on Friday. It was a hectic morning that began with Z telling me he “poo pooed” in his bed, which prompted me to start the bath, but when I took his pj’s and pull-up off, he in fact had not, but I gave him a bath anyway.

Then, I headed down to get Lu and found, she did poo poo in her bed, big time! She has had some loose bm’s these days and this was a nice one (how’s that for TMI?), so I got her cleaned up and gave her a bath too. This was all before about 8 a.m.! After all the pooping and bathing, I realized we had to get out the door to make it to the doctor on time. Notice I made no mention of mama bathing, eating, or more importantly drinking coffee thus far…

The doctor appointment went well. They both behaved really well, even when I had to turn around and go back to get the @!#$#% blue form. I hate that stupid thing and them for not remembering to give me one. Can’t they see I have my hands full?! I mean what’s the point of asking if she’s in daycare if not to remember the thing? You know I can’t blog about a doctor’s appointment without having at least one complaint, so there it is.

photo 2photo 3

Anyway, she weighs 16 lbs 15 oz.’s (15th percentile) and is 28.25 inches long (70th percentile). I was definitely not excited about her weight being on the low side, but we decided it is because of aforementioned loose bm’s, because believe me when I tell you, sister eats. They tell me at school she eats just about everything, including chicken and dumplings! She better enjoy them there, because this mama definitely does not make those!

photo 1

She is so close to crawling! All weekend, she would lunge forward, get on all fours, then either end up flat on her belly or pull back into the sitting position. She is desperate to play with the big kids and that is one thing that has changed fairly recently, Z and her are starting to play and interact more. There is still no one who makes her laugh like he does. It is really sweet.

photo 4photo 5

Friday, I added another tally to my infamous list: Friday’s I wish Z was in school. That brings me to a grand total of 2. I’m thinking the common denominator is yucky weather that keeps us inside all day, however, naptime was a struggle like I haven’t had in a while.

Z got a new bed this weekend! We had an opportunity fall into our laps that we just could not turn down, and I’m so glad we did. It looks great in his room, and he has slept great in it for 2 nights and woke up dry both mornings! Maybe it’s what he needed to finally get over his nighttime teetee problems. I’m not calling that one just yet though…

It’s still a work in progress, so I’ll have a post and pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment