Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ten on Tuesday, Z Edition

1. Z is such a parrot, in every way. he copies words, mannerisms, everything! The other day in the car, someone cut Nick off and he said “You.Are.A.Jerk.” then in the same tone and rhythm, Z repeated it. We were mortified, but also thought it was hilarious!

2. They must talk about the weather every day at school, because Z always comments, like “Today it’s sunny,” or “it’s stormy.” The other day he said “It’s sunny, no, it’s parply sunny!”

3. He still says “I’m sorry Mama/Baba” and insists we say “It’s okay.” Sometimes, he even says “I’m sorry being ugly” in a very sweet tone. Hard to stay mad at him, when he says that and gives you a good hug.

4. Speaking of hugs, we have soft hugs and big hugs, soft kisses and big kisses. We have to do all four before he goes to sleep in the evening, but other times we have to distinguish which one he wants before we do it, most of the time he picks soft hugs.

5. He’s already showing a propensity for dentistry. He knows all about “cabities” and baby teeth (thanks to one of his new favorite shows, Yo Gabba Gabba).

6. Speaking of shows, he’s in love with Power Rangers. He wants to watch it all the time on Amazon Prime on his ipad. He says things like “fire smasher!” “Gotta get the moogers!” and (my personal favorite) “United States of Battle!” I have no idea where he got that from.

7. He likes to sing. He loves Gotye and specifically Somebody That I Used to Know. Although he sings others, like “Better,” which goes like this “I feel betta, betta, betta down anymow” (I feel better, better, no I’m not down anymore), probably doesn’t translate if you don’t know the song, but maybe you get the idea. He also sings Yo Gabba Gabba, “Baby teeth baby teeth, little tiny baby teeth… Fall out!” (surprisingly catchy).

8. Saying maybe really seems to make him feel better about things, like “Are we going to see Jude today? Maybe! Maybe, Mama, Maybe?!”

9.  Everybody is a Power Ranger, he’s always the red, and I’m always pink, but some of the other ones can vary depending on his mood. Lu is usually yellow (although sometimes he insists she is a princess), Nick blue, Uncle Tarek green, Jude gold. Not sure why Uncle Tarek gets to be a ranger, but I would consider that high praise from Z.

10. Even though this is Z edition, I can’t leave out Lu. She says “mama” now, not sure if it’s with intention, but who cares?

She also does this hilarious thing if you put her down on the floor to show you she’s not happy about it. She cries then leans forward and puts her head down on between her legs. One of her teachers even mentioned that she does it at school. I’ll try to take a picture next time she does it, but suffice it to say I’m sure I’m in for it in a few months…

1 comment: