Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break Adventures

This post is going to be a combination iphone photo dump and 2-weekend recap. So hang on, and let’s go.

What am I talking about? I can’t remember 2 weekends ago. I think we went to the park:

IMG_0762IMG_0811

IMG_0764

IMG_0777

and we had burgers:

photo 1photo 2

Sounds like most weekends.

I know this past weekend we had a “date day” on Thursday and went to Atlanta Friday.

The “date day” was really great and happened because we incidentally had another glorious golden day, where we were off and the kids’ school was open. We went to an early movie, had lunch, went shopping, then picked them up and they were none the wiser.

photo 1

Atlanta was an adventure for sure. It all started a while ago when Nick and I decided to take a long weekend during Spring Break week (because, work is usually slow during Spring Break, and I always get jealous of other people being off and having fun, of course this time I wasn’t slow at all during Spring Break week, but I’m not getting into that whole Murphy’s Law thing right now). Then, we decided, why not go somewhere and take the kids? Now, last year, we went to Atlanta for the Hinman Dental Meeting, and I was pregnant, and it was cold, and we took the marta, and I came home and got deathly ill, so I wasn’t exactly excited about going back during the same time this year, but enough talk of Atlanta shopping how much fun the kids would have at the aquarium and I soon changed my mind (Nick knows exactly how to convince me).

We loaded up Friday and headed out. The kids did great in the car. We made one stop at Wendy’s, and made it to the aquarium by 3 to find out we only had 2 hours until closing. We bought our tickets, then realized we were both in the wrong business after paying ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS TO SEE SOME FISH, but after we saw all the really wonderful sea creatures, we realized it was worth it (kinda).

photo 2

 photo 3photo 4

photo 5

My favorite (besides the giant whale shark and manta rays) was the tropical fish and reef exhibits, reminded me of my diving days, many eons ago…

photo 2photo 3

photo 5photo(35)

photo 4photo 1

After the aquarium (and some traffic), we checked into our VRBO condo (which was fantastic), and went to Phipps Plaza (also fantastic). They were so tired that they were mostly happy for the ~2 hour stroller ride, making mama very happy to get to see her very favorite mall!

They are not rapping in this picture, although it appears that way…

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

Although exhausted, we challenged ourselves to go out to Maggiano’s that night for dinner. Even though we had about a 20 minute wait, they did really well, so well, that these sweet women at the table next to us even commented that they didn’t realize they were there until we were leaving!

photo 4

photo 3photo 4

Z is still getting used to sleeping in places other than his own bed, so as he did when we went to the beach, when bedtime came, he was asking to go home :(. He eventually calmed down and slept really great on his cot in the second bedroom. Lu did great in her pack n play too (considering, she too, is going through a stage where she likes her own bed especially for naps).

The next day, we had breakfast in the condo and went back to the mall, which Z did not understand. He insisted that “We already went!” and “Nooo, not the mall again!” But the promise of going to the toystore got him through another 2 hour trip, this time to Lenox.

We made one last stop at Nordstrom Rack (way overwhelming for all involved), then finally the promise land, Toys R Us. Z literally didn’t know what do in there. He could not decide on anything, and didn’t seem to want to buy anything either, until he found this foam sword, then he was happy.

photo 1photo 2

This little girl learned a new skill this weekend, sleeping in the stroller.

photo 3

We headed home after the toy store visit, and we were sure ready, except Z who said, “I don’t want to go home, I want to sleep at the beach condo!” Sorry, but you’re about a day late on that one buddy.

1 comment:

  1. THE RAPPING PICTURE!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing. Seriously. I may save it to look at on a hard day. Lu's face. I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete