Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ten Time

1. It hasn’t ceased to amaze me how different things are the second time around. Nick called me this morning after he dropped off Lu and said, “Did you know Lu has 2 teeth and is crawling?!” I kid you not! (which, for the record, I did, especially the teeth, but I knew she’s been on the verge of crawling too). And, I know it sounds like we don’t know our child, but it’s just that there is so much going on that the milestones hit without our meticulous monitoring of them. It’s nice actually, because as I’ve said before I worried enough the first time around!

2. On that note, she’s not sleeping at all at school. With Z, I would have been really upset by this, but with her, I just know she’ll catch up at night and on the weekends. I know this because she’s fallen asleep in the car on the way home 2 nights in a row, waking up only to change in to pajamas, nurse, then go right back to sleep. And, she’s been sleeping in in the mornings too! Poor sleep-deprived child, Dr. Weissbluth would be so disappointed!

3. I was going to do a whole post on Z’s new bed, but it just hasn’t happened. So here’s the grand story: My brother’s neighbor had this great bunk bed he wanted to get rid of. It had been passed down in their family for a couple of generations and was in fine shape, his son had just outgrown it. They didn’t really need it. Enter us. We knew immediately it would be perfect for Z as he was outgrowing his toddler bed, and while he’s been a little skeptical, at one point asking “Will it be too high?” he is really liking it so far, even though he is trying to figure out what “spots” all his stuffed animals belong in, and he’s been stalling more, calling us after we leave to either locate his “Why Writer” or because he’s “firsty.” He’s also been sleeping in a little due to the darkness. Although I’m not calling that until Saturday morning!

4. I am in the pre-pre-planning stage for Lu’s first birthday, which means I have gone to pinterest and started pinning ideas. If you don’t follow me, I am leaning strongly toward a strawberry shortcake party, Nick’s idea, by the way, but I love it! And, I have already bought her first present, a bitty baby (thank you ML for the recommendation)

5. My sweet friend Amanda reminded me about babywearing, and I remembered how fanatical I was about it with him. I have barely done it with Lu. I think because she really likes her little carrier. The girl falls asleep in there all the time, but Z wanted nothing to do with the thing. I loved wearing him, but I think it’s partly because he liked it so much. Lu doesn’t, so I haven’t really pushed the issue.

6. We are probably the last remaining people that watch American Idol, but we love it. It is one of the few shows along with The Bachelor that we both enjoy.

7. Every time Z sees an American flag, he states the Pledge of Allegiance, probably the cutest thing ever!

8. Z also has his little nightly routine, which includes Nick coming in as the “scary monster” who tickles him. This all started when cousin Jude was staying with us. Somewhere along the way he got into the habit of telling Nick to “just go back, and do it,” and he says it in the most animated way. It is so funny, and we have recorded it several times, but I’ll leave it to your imagination.

9. Zulily was selling Zumba, and me and my sis lost our minds over it! She’s an instructor, and I just like taking the classes on the weekend, but they had a lot of good gear, and I even bought a dvd set for almost half what it sells for on Amazon!

10. Our daycare/school has been posting pictures of my kids on fb, which is great, but I could teach them a thing or two about taking flattering shots…

399571_530557330320561_1596510613_n

285269_519727934736834_824024141_n

However, they did get this gem from Dr. Seuss week!

644566_527331130643181_2099901843_n

No comments:

Post a Comment