Monday, April 15, 2013

All in the Family

It has been an almost lifelong pipe dream of my dads to have all of us living within walking distance of each other. As I’ve mentioned before, my dad is very extraordinarily persistent, so here we are in 2013, myself and my family, my brother and his family, and my parents all living in the same neighborhood. (We are working on my sis, but she’s not far away, and it gives us a great reason to get away to the beach regularly!).

It wasn’t easy getting here, as a matter of fact, a LOT of unlikely events had to take place over a long period of time to get to this point (and we’re still working). First, I (through a whole crazy chain of events) found a the perfect office for me right across 280 from this neighborhood. Then my amazing husband agreed to move down here to east buddha (in B’ham terms), only 15 or so miles away from his office, but probably the most miserable 15 miles in Birmingham The Southeast The South, the nation! He is such a trooper though, and I love him even more for it!

Then my bro, along with his family, made the trek down here from the North after 4 6 a million years of medical training to go into practice with my dad. After looking in several areas around here his house in our neighborhood kept coming back to him until he gave in and got it.

Then, and possibly the most unbelievable event of all, my parents sold their house in my hometown, and agreed upon found their dream home right here! Now, I wasn’t sure that would ever happen for many reasons, but mostly because my mom seemed quite content with her little condo and my dad was embracing his life as a vagabond, wandering from our house to the condo following a schedule that we could hardly keep up with. At least he always knew where he was going (I think).

So, now here we are, literally walking back and forth to each other’s houses, having meals together and taking obscene amounts of pictures together…. And I wonder sometimes why I don’t really have any friends…. (just kidding, for those of you reading this, I love ya’ll :))

photo 2 (6)photo 1 (6)

photo 5 (3)photo 4 (3)

photo 4 (4)photo 1 (2)

photo 3 (2)

photo 4 (2)

Above all, we feel so blessed to be so close, both in relationship and now in physical proximity!

2 comments:

  1. Haha love "the most miserable 15 miles in the nation!" That is the truth!! :)

    So fun that y'all are so close!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete