Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lu 11 Months

Having just experienced the anticipation, excitement, joy, and sense of accomplishment that comes with participating in a marathon, I am so sad to think that some evil person or persons took that away from thousands of people. Yesterday goes down in history as another senseless act of evil. I am truly frightened bringing up my children in these times, but I remain faithful that we are under the protection and plan of God and God alone.

Editor’s note: I started this post yesterday, but my real job got in the way.

My baby is 11 months today (yesterday). While I was tempted to take the pictures this weekend, I decided to maintain accuracy (or precision, can’t remember which), and I took her pictures this very (yesterday) morning in school clothes in the middle of the a.m. rush at the Gax house. 

She just seems bigger to me these days. She’s interacting a LOT with Z. He makes her laugh, without even trying, but she also likes to steal play with his stuff, like his Angry Bird Star Wars game. We hear a lot of “Stop! Lujayn!”

IMG_0833

IMG_0837IMG_0850

Random facts about Lu:

She is super active and into everything, I think a lot more than Z was at her age.

She is down to 3 feedings a day (one 4-5 oz. bottle at school), and really the nighttime one is very short. I’m very kinda ready to be done with breastfeeding this time, probably because she’s never been that into it, more of a business transaction for her than an emotional one.

I worry about her feeding herself because she’s kindof rapid fire and doesn’t bother finishing the last bite before she sticks another one in, and sister loves to eat but she’ll let you know if she doesn’t like something and also when she’s done.

She does NOT like to be messed with and she’s good at letting you know it. She can bat your hand away in about 2 seconds and has been like that since she was a newborn. She really gets annoyed when Z gets in her face. She usually responds with a little love tap.

She is so much better at playing by herself/letting you put her down in a room. For about 2 or 3 months, she would scream every time I would put her down in a room and expect her to entertain herself. It had me a bit worried, but she has chilled a lot the past month or so.

Speaking of chilling, she can sit in her bed and entertain herself after she wakes up in the morning or after naps. Z did that, and I loved it, so I’m glad she seems to be able to do it too.

She is a lot like him in behavior, but I can definitely see some differences, especially her feistiness. One word I would use to describe her is persistent. When she wants something, she goes for it, then goes for it again and again.

She can wave when she wants to, and I think I’ve seen her clap. I could also swear she called me mama the other day and I thought I heard her say hi one morning, but I honestly don’t know… That is kinda sad, sorry my second child! I love you so much though!!

IMG_0853IMG_0841

I am super excited for her first birthday next month. We can’t wait to see Nana, Tata, Aunt Talia, Uncle John, and sweet babies Emma and Addison!! It’s going to be great!!

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to image her about to be one already! I can't wait to see her in May. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete