Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ten on Tuesday: Weekend Edition

This Ten is going to be a list of 10 things we did this weekend. I believe there are at least 10 things, but let’s just find out, shall we?

1. Our usual Friday morning routine: We wake up, eat breakfast, I start cleaning the kitchen and catching up on things from the week, then Lu goes down for her morning nap, and Z and I get busy. We usually go outside and play sticks swords, but this time we went down to the basement because it was raining and yucky. We did everything: ping pong, foosball, hungry hippos, cars, trains, you name it. IMG_5586IMG_5594

Z may play fair when it comes to ping pong and foosball, but he’s a fierce hungry hungry hippos player, and by fierce I mean, he will take the yellow ball out of your hippo’s mouth and put it where he can get it. Basically, the only rule in Gax house for hungry hippos is Z gets the yellow ball… Every time and don’t you forget it!

2. (Not technically the weekend) but on Thursday morning, Lu pulled up for the first time in her crib, which swiftly resulted in us me lowering her crib. She was such a sweetheart and did it in front of Nick, Z, and me! Z asked what was happening and I told him, she is standing for the first time, then he responded, “like a big boy!” Yeah, Z something like that.

IMG_5580IMG_5581

They told me at school (and I have been seeing lately too) that she is trying to stand a little and even bear crawl.

3. Friday, after nap, I decided to take them both to wal-mart. It was after 5. We didn’t need anything in particular, I just felt like going. I’m used to going during the week at lunchtime, and I was surprised how many people were there. Not sure I’ll be doing that again any time soon.

4. We went to Henry’s birthday party on Saturday in Gadsden. As I predicted Lu slept the way there and they both slept on the way back (notable because things rarely go how you predict them).

5. We had a blast! Z loved riding the train and we all loved being outside and celebrating sweet Henry. I can’t believe it was a year ago that we were celebrating his first birthday!

IMG_5637

IMG_5688IMG_5689

IMG_5686

IMG_5687

6. We went to the mall after the party and then ate at Carrabba’s. We had so much fun, but I was exhausted after holding Lu what seemed like all day.

IMG_5645

IMG_5647

7. Sunday, Nick and Faris planted some mint and a fig tree for my parents. Z was quite the helper, and showed that he may have inherited a green thumb (most likely from Nick’s side of the family).

IMG_5693IMG_5684

IMG_5691

8. Sunday, we had our favorite Sunday soccer day, and he scored a goal! I don’t think he realized it, in fact I know he didn’t realize it, because one of his teammates said “you scored a goal!” and he said “No I didn’t.” So there you go. Nick had his phone up and thought he was videoing when it happened, but it turned out he was in picture mode, so we didn’t get it, but I think he’ll be scoring more in the future. He was hanging with the ball better than I’ve ever seen him do before! Perhaps it was because he had a first class cheerleading squad on the sidelines.

IMG_5675IMG_5676

9. We did our usual grocery run on Sunday evening, I still love seeing them sit side by side, even though Lu is already starting to annoy her brother….

IMG_5679

10. We had a great weekend, spent a lot of time outdoors and together! What more can you ask for?

1 comment:

  1. "Like a big boy!" HAHAHA!!! What a great family photo of y'all at the party! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete